Author Topic: Connecticut Democrat, Who Served 7 Years in Prison for Corruption, Wins Mayoral Primary  (Read 977 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Connecticut Democrat, Who Served 7 Years in Prison for Corruption, Wins Mayoral Primary
Frank BergmanSeptember 13, 2023 - 4:20 pm3 Comments

A Connecticut Democrat, who went to prison for corruption, has won his mayoral primary to secure the Democratic Party’s nomination for another term.

After his release from prison, Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim regained his old job in a remarkable political comeback eight years ago.

63-year-old Ganim defeated John Gomes, the city’s former chief administrative officer, by a narrow margin Tuesday in a party primary.

Gomes declined to concede and could possibly run again in the general election.

https://slaynews.com/news/connecticut-democrat-served-7-years-prison-corruption-wins-mayoral-primary/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

Moved to state news

Online Kamaji

:mauslaff:

Bridgeport is so corrupt it isn't even funny.

Online corbe

Did Trump endorse his opponent~John Gomes?   :whistle:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
This is why, while the cheating and corruption disturbs me, the reality is no cheating is going to help you in a 2-to-1 blowout.

Why do Rats vote for convicted crooks on a regular basis? This is why I have zero sympathy when it comes back to bite them.
The Republic is lost.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Vulcan moans:
"Why do Rats vote for convicted crooks on a regular basis?"

Ask Lyndon Johnson. Remember his famous quotation?