Author Topic: LGBTQ community felt 'betrayal' at Muslim council voting to remove Pride flags from city buildings  (Read 446 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
No one could have seen this coming!   :cool:

The LGBTQ residents of Hamtramck, Michigan voiced their feelings of "betrayal" over the Muslim city council’s decision to remove Pride flags from public property, according to the Washington Post.

The council unanimously voted in June to ban Pride flags from public flag poles, citing a desire to respect the religious rights of citizens opposed to the symbol. This decision, months later, is still considered an act of betrayal by LGBTQ citizens to the symbol of "diversity" they hoped the council would uphold.

"Many residents in this tiny enclave just north of downtown Detroit saw these changes as a sign of Hamtramck’s progressiveness. The Muslim community that had previously experienced discrimination, including voter intimidation and resistance to mosques’ public call to prayer, had finally taken its seats at the table," the Post reported.

It continued, "Yet the ethnic, cultural and religious diversity that made Hamtramck something of a model is being put severely to the test. In June, after divisive debate, the six-member council blocked the display of Pride flags on city property — action that has angered allies and members of the LGBTQ+ community, who feel that the support they provided the immigrant groups has been reciprocated with betrayal."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/lgbtq-community-felt-betrayal-muslim-council-voting-remove-pride-flags-city-buildings
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
When you start going after, brutalizing and mutilating other people's kids, guess what? Those people don't want to be a hundred miles from you.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

:mauslaff:

It's not like that should have come as any surprise to them.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Not home right now, cannot access my SCHADENFREUDE meme....
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Fishrrman proclamation:
islam is right about LGBTQ

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Fishrrman proclamation:
islam is right about LGBTQ

Indeed.

But let’s not get carried away.  Always be circumspect of Moslems.  9/11 put to rest any doubts about it.  I’d rather have homos than Moslems in general.  But I’ll use one to squelch the other.  but not lop their heads off.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Muslims don't like homos?????

Ahm shocked!

SHOCKED,AH TELLS YA!

Hoo new?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Wait until they get the news from the Vatican.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.