Author Topic: National Deficit, Inflation Soars Despite ‘Inflation Reduction Act’  (Read 478 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
National Deficit, Inflation Soars Despite ‘Inflation Reduction Act’
Heartland Author
September 16, 2023

(The Center Square) – The U.S. Congressional Budget Office reports that the federal government is borrowing far more this fiscal year than the year before even as inflation continues to rise.

The CBO released its deficit estimate which said the U.S. deficit hit about $1.5 trillion in the first 11 months of this fiscal year.

“Eleven months in, and we have already borrowed $1.5 trillion this fiscal year, compared to $946 billion at the same point last year,” Maya MacGuineas, president of the Committee for a Responsible Federal Budget, said in a statement. “On top of that dismal fiscal news, we still haven’t funded the government past the end of the month – Washington appears to be sticking to its time-honored tradition of governing poorly, and by perpetual crises.”

https://heartlanddailynews.com/2023/09/national-deficit-inflation-soars-despite-inflation-reduction-act/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Re: National Deficit, Inflation Soars Despite ‘Inflation Reduction Act’
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2023, 02:53:08 pm »
McCarthy?....what sez you?   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.