Author Topic: Today's Toons 9/18/23  (Read 3407 times)

Offline pookie18

Today's Toons 9/18/23
« on: September 18, 2023, 11:13:37 am »

Click below for related story:

Click below for Tony's toons:

This Thread Brought To You By The Letter R:

In Case You Missed It Dept.:

61% of Americans now living paycheck to paycheck. Another 30% live from parents' allowance to parents' allowance.

The NFL is making contingency plans in case this season's Super Bowl has to be scheduled after the Civil War.

Biden toured the hurricane destruction with FEMA crews today. The cadaver dogs wouldn't leave him alone.

A side effect of the new COVID vaccine is that it makes you want to fill out absentee ballots.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis worked with President Biden to rush relief to Florida residents made homeless by Hurricane Idalia. However Ron DeSantis gave Biden a dose of his own medicine when Ron ruled that looters will be shot. I say enough of this partisan prosecution of the opposing party.

President Biden caused concern again Tuesday when he walked offstage in the middle of a White House Medal of Honor awards ceremony. Joe simply walked offstage and strolled up the aisle and out of the room leaving hundreds of guests baffled. I think he must have heard the ice cream truck go by.

Dr. Anthony Fauci came out of retirement and appeared on the cable news talk shows Sunday and expressed his alarm that Americans won't obey the mask rules and vaccine mandates during this Covid season. Just like I did last time, I'm acting on our government's advice. I bought Pfizer stock.

The White House battled reporters Thursday who questioned Biden’s performance in consoling Maui fire victims by comparing it to his kitchen fire twenty years ago. Nevertheless, help is on the way. The Administration just approved four hundred million in disaster relief to victims of kitchen fires.

Dr. Anthony Fauci went on CNN Monday to deliver his opinions on likely public reaction to the new variant of Covid in circulation and he said he feared many people wouldn’t comply with mask mandates. Fauci retired as head of the National Institute of Health last year. Public opinion retired him.

President Biden arrived at his beach house in Delaware Monday, telling reporters he's not on vacation and explaining his house in Wilmington is being renovated. To his credit, Joe has spent forty percent of his tenure as president on vacation. So things are only sixty percent as bad as they could be.

Mick Jagger announced to cheering fans Wednesday the Rolling Stones will be releasing a new album in October. Mick Jagger is eighty years old and still singing Start Me Up. Joe Biden is eighty years old and singing Help Me Up while Mitch McConnell is eighty years old and singing Wake Me Up.

Hispanic Heritage Month is always scheduled from Sept 15 to Oct 15th so it can cross the border into another month.

Lumber is pushing the cost of home building through the roof. Construction lumber is so expensive in Los Angeles that today I saw a termite with an EBT card.

Proud Boys sent to federal prison for rioting for Trump and not George Floyd.

President Biden tested negative for Covid at the White House before flying to India on Thursday while his wife Jill was self-isolating with Covid. The latest CNN poll showed Biden losing to Nikki Haley, Donald Trump, Ron DeSantis and Chris Christie. Apparently even the virus prefers Jill over Joe.

Senator Mitch McConnell assured the Senate Republican Caucus Wednesday that his doctor has given him a clean bill of health despite his recent shutdowns onstage. The week wasn't all bad news for the Senate Minority Leader. Disney just offered Mitch McConnell a pile of money to star in Frozen 3.

Kamala Harris declared that she may have to take over if President Biden is unable to complete his term in office Tuesday. She's firming up DNC support to ward off any 2024 primary opponents. Gavin can only challenge her for the nomination if he gets a really dark tan and identifies as a woman.

President Biden agreed to be tested for Covid Thursday before he boarded Air Force One to fly to India to participate in the annual G 20 Summit. He's wearing his favorite old face mask for old time's sake. It's the same mask he wore when he held up Ukraine, China and Romania.

-- Argus Hamilton

(Thank you, New Cruelty)

Offline Polly Ticks

Re: Today's Toons 9/18/23
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2023, 12:09:27 pm »
Thanks Pookie.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline pookie18

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2023, 12:35:12 pm »
Thanks Pookie.

You're welcome, Polly Ticks!

Offline Jimino

• God created all men equal. Sam Colt made them more equal!
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2023, 01:30:59 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!
Pray, hope and don't worry.
Santo Pio

Offline RaceBannon

• Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners
    • The Hostage Rescue Attempt in Iran
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2023, 01:33:30 pm »
:)

Offline pookie18

« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2023, 03:25:15 pm »
Ciao Pookie, thanks for the toons!

Mornin' & my pleasure, Jimino!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2023, 03:33:35 pm »
Thanks, pookie!
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline ricebug

« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2023, 03:48:36 pm »
G'day, Pookie!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2023, 04:43:07 pm »
Thanks, pookie!

You're welcome, as always, Smokin Joe!

Offline pookie18

« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2023, 04:43:32 pm »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2023, 06:46:29 pm »
Yaay Monday!  New Toons from Pookie, and Argus Extras for desert!!!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline pookie18

« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2023, 10:33:22 am »
Yaay Monday!  New Toons from Pookie, and Argus Extras for desert!!!

Mornin', CL!