Author Topic: New Mexico Governor Folds, Removes Firearm Carry Ban from Emergency Order  (Read 702 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
By Jack Davis  September 17, 2023 at 6:14am

With the twin tides of public opinion and legal decisions running against her, New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham has scrapped her plan to ban legal gun owners from carrying firearms in Albuquerque and its surroundings.

However, Lujan Grisham is still trying to create gun-free zones through her executive order.

On Sept. 8, under the guise of a “public health order,” the governor issued a ban on carrying guns in the city of Albuquerque and the surrounding Bernalillo County. However, local and state officials said they would not enforce the widely denounced ban, and a court issued a temporary restraining order against its implementation.

Lujan Grisham announced her decision in a news release on Friday, but did not renounce gun restrictions altogether.

Instead, her amended order still bans legal gun owners from carrying firearms at playgrounds and parks or other places set aside for children to play. Although the statewide order notes this applies in areas of specified levels of violent crime, as a practical matter it only covers  Albuquerque and Bernalillo County.

more
https://www.westernjournal.com/new-mexico-governor-folds-removes-firearm-carry-ban-emergency-order/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: New Mexico Governor Folds, Removes Firearm Carry Ban from Emergency Order
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2023, 03:29:35 pm »
Still, Impeach the biotch.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2023, 05:45:55 pm »
I thought I saw she isn't giving up on her attack on the 2nd, that she has expanded the list of 'sensitive' areas where law abiding citizens cannot not carry and defend themselves. I guess you really can't fix stupid.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2023, 08:17:19 pm »
I for one would never go strapped as I stand guard over my children as they play.  :whistle: