Author Topic: Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner removed as Rock & Roll Hall of Fame director  (Read 439 times)

Offline Kamaji

Rolling Stone founder Jann Wenner removed as Rock & Roll Hall of Fame director after comments on black and women musicians

By Associated Press
Published Sep. 16, 2023

NEW YORK — Jann Wenner, who founded Rolling Stone magazine and was a co-founder of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, has been removed from the hall’s board of directors after making comments that were seen as denigrating Black and female musicians.

“Jann Wenner has been removed from the Board of Directors of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Foundation,” the hall said Saturday, a day after Wenner’s comments were published in a New York Times interview.

A representative for Wenner, 77, did not immediately respond for a comment.

Wenner created a firestorm doing publicity for his new book “The Masters,” which features interviews with musicians Bob Dylan, Jerry Garcia, Mick Jagger, John Lennon, Bruce Springsteen, Pete Townshend and U2’s Bono — all white and male.

Asked why he didn’t interview women or Black musicians, Wenner responded: “It’s not that they’re inarticulate, although, go have a deep conversation with Grace Slick or Janis Joplin. Please, be my guest. You know, Joni (Mitchell) was not a philosopher of rock ’n’ roll. She didn’t, in my mind, meet that test,” he told the Times.

“Of Black artists — you know, Stevie Wonder, genius, right? I suppose when you use a word as broad as ‘masters,’ the fault is using that word. Maybe Marvin Gaye, or Curtis Mayfield? I mean, they just didn’t articulate at that level,” Wenner said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/16/rolling-stone-founder-jann-wenner-removed-as-rock-amp-roll-hall-of-fame-director/

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well he ain't wrong.  Also at 77 what are they gonna do...cancel him!  LOL.

He made his money when he sold RS.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Prime expample of when the Woke get whacked, by higher degrees of Woke.

I can't stand the leftist Wenner, Lester Bang, Dave Marsh, and the rest of Rolling Stoned dipshits......

But....  In honesty this is a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and when it really comes down to brass tacks, Rock and Roll  it is a testosterone driven profession.  And I might get whacked by a few feminist, but the only true legitimate non-gimmick all girl rock  band  in history were the Runaways.

This sham of hall of shame has already brought laughter by adding Rappers and Country Stars.  How better to doom it by adding the likes of Taylor Swift and Beyonce.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.