Author Topic: Alabama band director tased for refusing to stop playing after HS football game  (Read 497 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"When the players tried to take the field, the marching band refused to yield, do you recall what was the revealed, THE DAY THE MUSIC DIED."

A band director ignored police requests to stop performing at the end of a football game.
After he told his band to keep playing, police attempted to arrest him, the New York Post reported.
He was tased by police when he resisted arrest, the police said in a statement.
The director of a high school band in Alabama was arrested and tased by police after he ignored their repeated requests to stop his students' music performance at the end of a football game, a statement from Birmingham police department says.

The New York Post reported that Johnny Mims, the director of the Minor High School band, told musicians to keep playing after police instructed him to stop the music.

The band was accompanying a high school football game between Minor High School and Jackson-Olin High School at the PD Jackson-Olin High School stadium in Alabama on September 14.

The police said they ordered both directors to stop their bands' performances to allow cops to clear out the stadium but that Minor High's director failed to comply.

He refused police orders to stop, instead instructing his band to keep playing, the police department said in a statement issued on September 15.

https://www.businessinsider.com/school-band-director-tased-refusing-police-orders-stop-music-performance-2023-9?op=1

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Respect my Authoritah!"
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Almost sounds like a plot for a pretty decent comedy.  I have a similar tale, though but different in other ways......

Many many years ago, when I was in University Band, we got into a band blaring duel durning a game with our most hated rivals.  There always was a gentleman's agreement that the band's would not play while there was play-calling on the field, so the other team wouldn't be missing signals due to noise.

Well, we got in a disruption war with the other band that got so badthat Conference Officals had to intervene by half-time.    I remember leaving the stadium that day, and probably 20 of us got pelted by beer cans.  What a day
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

Minor won the game 27-0.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

Many many years ago, when I was in University Band, we got into a band blaring duel durning a game with our most hated rivals.  There always was a gentleman's agreement that the band's would not play while there was play-calling on the field, so the other team wouldn't be missing signals due to noise.

Well, we got in a disruption war with the other band that got so badthat Conference Officals had to intervene by half-time.    I remember leaving the stadium that day, and probably 20 of us got pelted by beer cans.  What a day

Good times.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Almost sounds like a plot for a pretty decent comedy.  I have a similar tale, though but different in other ways......

I'm guessing 77 or 78.  We didn't have Natty Light yet so I wonder what they were tossing at youse guys... Carlings Black Label or Iron City!    LOL

@catfish1957
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'm guessing 77 or 78.  We didn't have Natty Light yet so I wonder what they were tossing at youse guys... Carlings Black Label or Iron City!    LOL

@catfish1957

It was kind of dark, so I didn't catch what was on the label.  Just dodging projecticles like "W" did with journalist shoes.

Then add the fact, most of us band members snuck booze into our uniforms so we pretty much got snookered after half time,  So in retrospect, if they did hit me, I probably wouldn't have felt much pain
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.