Author Topic: Ex-Homeland Security agent who inspired Sound of Freedom reveals he is considering a run for Mitt Ro  (Read 690 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
EXCLUSIVE: Ex-Homeland Security agent who inspired Sound of Freedom reveals he is considering a run for Mitt Romney's Senate seat in Utah

Former DHS agent Tim Ballard inspired the renowned film Sound of Freedom
    Utah Senator Mitt Romney, 76, announced he is retiring from the Senate
    READ MORE: Tim Ballard SLAMS Biden administration for border policies allowing 'horrifying' child sex trafficking in the U.S.

By Kelly Laco, Executive Editor Of Politics For Dailymail.Com and Wills Robinson For Dailymail.com

Published: 18:05 EDT, 15 September 2023 | Updated: 18:40 EDT, 15 September 2023

The Sound of Freedom's Tim Ballard reveals that he is 'very seriously considering' running for Mitt Romney's Utah Senate seat.

Ex-DHS agent Ballard's harrowing tale about rescuing children from sex slavery is featured in the film 'The Sound of Freedom,' which has dominated box offices worldwide.

Ballard told Sean Spicer on 'The Sean Spicer Show' this week in the video first obtained by DailyMail.com that he was asked 'several weeks ago' to look at running for the seat by 'very influential people.'

Romney, 76, sent shockwaves through Congress with a surprise announcement Thursday that he would not be running for a second term. He also fired parting shots at the disarray within the Republican Party, and said Biden and Trump, like himself, were too old to serve in office.

'At the end of another term, I'd be in my mid-80s,' he said. 'Frankly, it's time for a new generation of leaders'

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12524553/Ex-Homeland-Security-agent-inspired-Sound-Freedom-reveals-considering-run-Mitt-Romneys-Senate-seat-Utah.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

This is odd.
In rare public rebuke, LDS Church condemns Tim Ballard’s ‘morally unacceptable’ behavior
Utah-based faith says the anti-human trafficking activist, who may seek Mitt Romney’s Senate seat, “betrayed” his friendship with a senior apostle.
By Bryan Schott
Sep. 15, 2023, 4:05 p.m.

Tim Ballard, the former head of the anti-human trafficking organization Operation Underground Railroad, has been condemned by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for “morally unacceptable” behavior by saying M. Russell Ballard (no relation), the acting president of the faith’s Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, was a central figure in support of OUR and Tim’s private business efforts.

The strongly worded public rebuke, rare for the church, came as Tim Ballard is said to be prepping a run for Utah’s soon-to-be open U.S. Senate seat next year.  ... A statement from the Utah-based faith, which The Salt Lake Tribune confirmed, said the senior church apostle and Tim Ballard, who is a Latter-day Saint, became friends several years ago but have not been in contact for several months.

“Once it became clear Tim Ballard had betrayed their friendship, through the unauthorized use of President Ballard’s name for Tim Ballard’s personal advantage and activity regarded as morally unacceptable, President Ballard withdrew his association,” according to the statement. “President Ballard never authorized his name, or the name of the church, to be used for Tim’s personal or financial interests.” ...
Salt Lake Tribune

Jack Poso 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
And here come the attacks on Tim Ballard bc he said he wants to run
Like clockwork the Mormon Church and media are now blasting him
9:56 AM · Sep 16, 2023

People responding to Posobiec's tweet say the Trib is relying only on a Vice article for this story, and it doesn't reflect the LDS position, or something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This is odd.Salt Lake Tribune

Jack Poso 🇺🇸
@JackPosobiec
And here come the attacks on Tim Ballard bc he said he wants to run
Like clockwork the Mormon Church and media are now blasting him
9:56 AM · Sep 16, 2023

People responding to Posobiec's tweet say the Trib is relying only on a Vice article for this story, and it doesn't reflect the LDS position, or something.

It's very likely that those people know what they are talking about. The press in Utah is no better than it is anywhere else. I don't trust ANY of them!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 06:59:44 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mountaineer

NEWSMAX
@NEWSMAX
Robert O'Brien, national security adviser under former President Donald Trump, will not run for the U.S. Senate seat being vacated by Sen. Mitt Romney, R-Utah.

Yeah, me either.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org