Author Topic: 180 minutes to kill: Can the Air Force update EW within 3 hours of detecting a new threat?  (Read 207 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
180 minutes to kill: Can the Air Force update EW within 3 hours of detecting a new threat?
“Our mindset has to be that we use the spectrum to kill faster, not to protect things,” said Col. Joshua Koslov. “The more things we kill, the less things that can hurt us.”
By   SYDNEY J. FREEDBERG JR.
on September 13, 2023 at 7:41 PM

AFA 2023 — The commander of the Air Force’s newest major unit, the two-year-old 350th Spectrum Warfare Wing, aims to push out AI-enabled updates to electronic countermeasures (ECM) within three hours of US pilots detecting a new threat, anywhere around the world.

That’s an ambitious and dramatic break from traditional cycles that might field ECM updates every three months, acknowledged Col. Joshua Koslov, who’s spent more than two decades in the electronic warfare field.

“We updated F-15s and B-52s on a quarterly schedule,” he told reporters at the annual Air and Space Forces Association conference. “That’s not good enough… Our goal, our moonshot, is three hours.”

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/09/180-minutes-to-kill-can-the-air-force-update-ew-within-3-hours-of-detecting-a-new-threat/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson