Author Topic: Republicans introduce 'Secure the Border Act' to bolster security, curb illegal migration  (Read 238 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Republicans introduce 'Secure the Border Act' to bolster security, curb illegal migration
"We are losing people every day to fentanyl and other deadly drugs that are pouring across the border," Tuberville said.

By Ben Whedon
September 15, 2023 4:17pm

Updated: September 15, 2023 4:17pm

A group of Republican senators on Friday introduced legislation to bolster border security and curb illegal migration amid an ongoing surge at the nation's Mexican frontier.

The "Secure the Border Act," should it become law, would require the Department of Homeland Security to resume building the border wall, increase the number of Border Patrol Agents, limit eligibility for asylum status, criminalize visa overstays, and mandate employer use of the E-verify system, among other policies.

"The crisis at our southern border gets worse with each passing day under Joe Biden’s watch," Alabama GOP Sen. Tommy Tuberville said in a press release. "Americans are tired of sending taxpayer dollars to help other countries secure their borders, while leaving the floodgates open at ours."

https://justthenews.com/politics-policy/republicans-introduce-secure-border-act-bolster-security-curb-illegal-migration
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SO WHAT??  Introduce and enact are two different nationalities.  Even if enacted, which I doubt, Biden will veto the legislation anyway!  But maybe that is what they are trying to do, get Biden to veto a bill which increases border security.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson