Author Topic: City warns it could run out of capacity with migrants again  (Read 203 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
City warns it could run out of capacity with migrants again
« on: September 16, 2023, 03:01:55 pm »
City warns it could run out of capacity with migrants again
by: Melissa Luna

Posted: Sep 15, 2023 / 12:59 PM CDT

Updated: Sep 15, 2023 / 11:35 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) — The City of El Paso provided an update on the migrant situation on Friday morning, Sept. 15 as the City prepares for another possible influx.

The number of migrants traveling into El Paso is growing, and El Paso Mayor Oscar Leeser says it was this time of year in 2022 was when the numbers went up.

Leeser says the city has 400 rooms allocated for these situations. However he says: “But at some point, we will run out of capacity, and we’ll have to activate that emergency declaration. It is in place, but we are not using it at this point.”

Leeser says the federal government has provided funding for the preparations, stating that, “We have hired a hundred city employees that work for whether the zoo or for different areas within the City, and they’re part of our budget and once they’re needed, we take them out of our budget and put them into shelters…”

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/city-of-el-paso-provides-update-on-migrant-situation/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson