Author Topic: NYU/WEF ‘Bioethicist’ Matthew Liao touts ‘human engineering’: Humans should be genetically modified  (Read 527 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
NYU/WEF ‘Bioethicist’ Matthew Liao touts ‘human engineering’: Humans should be genetically modified to induce an intolerance to meat to solve ‘climate change’
By Marc Morano
September 16, 2023
7:18 am

S. Matthew Liao, a “bioethicist” with ties to the WEF: Humans should be genetically modified to induce an intolerance to meat, in order to solve “climate change”. “It turns out that we can use human engineering to help us address climate change… People eat too much meat, right? And if they were to cut down on their consumption of meat, it would actually really help the planet. But people are not willing to give up meat… We can use human engineering to make it the case that we’re intolerant to certain kinds of meat. That’s something that we can do through human engineering.”

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/09/16/nyu-wef-bioethicist-matthew-liao-touts-human-engineering-humans-should-be-genetically-modified-to-induce-an-intolerance-to-meat-to-solve-climate-change/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

... That they should believe a lie..

So much for being the image of Yahweh.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Wait, bioengineering crops BAD, bioengineering people good? WTF, isn't that a little bassackwards? Let me guess the push will be to bioengineer humans so that they, like some fish, can change their sex. That would be the mentally ill freaks wet dream.

Offline roamer_1

People eat too much meat, right? And if they were to cut down on their consumption of meat, it would actually really help the planet. But people are not willing to give up meat… We can use human engineering to make it the case that we’re intolerant to certain kinds of meat. That’s something that we can do through human engineering.”

No. Not right. Not even close to right.

Offline roamer_1

Wait, bioengineering crops BAD, bioengineering people good? WTF, isn't that a little bassackwards? Let me guess the push will be to bioengineer humans so that they, like some fish, can change their sex. That would be the mentally ill freaks wet dream.

Just so we're straight on this...

Bioengineering plants BAD.
Bioengineering animals BAD.
Bioengineering people BAD.