Author Topic: The most accurate explanation for the rise in crime in America  (Read 1045 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The most accurate explanation for the rise in crime in America
« on: September 16, 2023, 12:33:19 pm »

The most accurate explanation for the rise in crime in America
Opinion by Cal Thomas

Walking along a street in Madrid in the 1970s after a late-night supper, I asked a local resident if there was much crime in the city. When he replied, "hardly any," I asked why? "No repeaters," he said.

Dictator Francisco Franco was still running Spain and dictatorships can get away with things a constitutional republic cannot, but Franco was on to something the U.S. seems to have forgotten. Swift and certain punishment is a major deterrent to people who might be thinking about breaking laws.

Of all the explanations for the rise in crime in America, none may be more accurate than the lack of swift and certain punishment.

The Daily Mail has summarized some of the bigger stores that have closed due to looting and the failure of district attorneys to punish them and other criminals. Walmart CEO Doug McMillon warned last December that thefts were at record levels. With thieves undeterred, McMillon ordered the closing of 17 stores in nine states.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/the-most-accurate-explanation-for-the-rise-in-crime-in-america/ar-AA1gLAPz?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=b58860a643a84a799aef2b45f8fd92ca&ei=20
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: The most accurate explanation for the rise in crime in America
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2023, 12:45:14 pm »
I really feel one of the unintended consequences of women's lib is the rising crime rate.  Where the thuggish behavior of many men was moderated by women, many women have taken on the thuggish male behavior in an effort to prove how dominant they can be.  I hear F-bombs everywhere from women; many dress like men; they have gotten into American business with its take no prisoners mentality; many have rejected family; teen girls in gangs and involved in more crime.  I'm not blaming women, only suggesting what used be a moderating influence is disappearing as they attempt to give themselves more freedom.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2023, 10:03:27 pm »
Where is the rise in (violent) crime mostly taking place? Big cities with large black populations.
Incidents like thieves ransacking stores stealing thousands of dollars worth of merchandise or carjackings were rare news stories in the old days. The old days being about ten-twenty years ago.
Criminals knew that punishment of either long prison terms or in extreme cases death awaited them if they committed serious acts.
Obviously, violent criminals no longer fear being apprehended and punished.
Who is responsible for the dramatic spike in carjackings? Young, black males. With the increase of black officials and or leftist mayors in mayoral and DA offices who treat violent black males leniently, the thugs have become emboldened. If they're caught, many times they're let go with either minimal or no bail.
Until swift and stern punishment for those types of crimes returns, those types of crimes will keep on rising.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2023, 10:19:21 pm »
Chicken$h!t progressive and popularist politicians didn't stand up against the CRT and BLM nonsense, and had their law enforcement officials abandon the "broken window" regime of policing that made NYC liveable in the 1990s.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2023, 01:26:21 am »
Where is the rise in (violent) crime mostly taking place? Big cities with large black populations.
Incidents like thieves ransacking stores stealing thousands of dollars worth of merchandise or carjackings were rare news stories in the old days. The old days being about ten-twenty years ago.
Criminals knew that punishment of either long prison terms or in extreme cases death awaited them if they committed serious acts.
Obviously, violent criminals no longer fear being apprehended and punished.
Who is responsible for the dramatic spike in carjackings? Young, black males. With the increase of black officials and or leftist mayors in mayoral and DA offices who treat violent black males leniently, the thugs have become emboldened. If they're caught, many times they're let go with either minimal or no bail.
Until swift and stern punishment for those types of crimes returns, those types of crimes will keep on rising.
Yep, with one addition. In areas where strict gun control laws are the norm, crime tends to be higher as well. The instant Karma that can be found in Castle Doctrine states with constitutional carry acts as a direct deterrent. You can't plea bargain with a bullet.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2023, 01:32:13 am »
Obama's agenda calls for maximum chaos and division.  No unintended consequences here!

Catch and release...no cash bail.  It's all deliberate and expected.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2023, 02:34:14 am »
New proportion dropped boys
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2023, 03:15:22 am »
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2023, 05:03:24 am »
Article in nutshell explained about 3000 years ago by King Solomon. As true today as it was then.

Because sentence against an evil work is not executed speedily, therefore the heart of the sons of men is fully set in them to do evil. - Ecclesiastes 8:11

I really feel one of the unintended consequences of women's lib is the rising crime rate.  Where the thuggish behavior of many men was moderated by women, many women have taken on the thuggish male behavior in an effort to prove how dominant they can be.  I hear F-bombs everywhere from women; many dress like men; they have gotten into American business with its take no prisoners mentality; many have rejected family; teen girls in gangs and involved in more crime.  I'm not blaming women, only suggesting what used be a moderating influence is disappearing as they attempt to give themselves more freedom.

:thumbsup:

My mother always stressed that women set the standards of behavior in a society... Men (in general) will do what they can get away with...
« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 05:09:09 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2023, 05:32:56 am »

I can't find that study, and the image states it is hosted at 9gagfun (so I don't trust it)....

This I can find... Source: 2020-Minnesota-Uniform-Crime-Report PDF (found online)

Shows about the same thing, but black population around 8% instead of 6% and blacks (with lower population) do more than double the damage (homocide) as whites do. That is not even taking in account the variable of "unknown race" not being assigned (and you can guess where it would lean into).

« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 05:38:33 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2023, 08:41:42 pm »
Like this guy says:

If that's true -- and I believe it is -- what's the solution?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2023, 08:50:06 pm »
In other news;;;

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2023, 11:31:32 pm »
Do they count Hispanics as whites like the national bureau of crime statistics does?

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2023, 11:42:36 pm »
Like this guy says:

If that's true -- and I believe it is -- what's the solution?
They, the problem, can't be fixed. Sure it can. In one generation. Pay low IQ people to not breed. Neuter and sterilize.
The chances of that happening. ZERO!!!!

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2023, 11:49:13 pm »
They, the problem, can't be fixed. Sure it can. In one generation. Pay low IQ people to not breed. Neuter and sterilize.
The chances of that happening. ZERO!!!!

Not being able to breed should be the #1 criteria for anybody receiving government assistance for more than[fill-in-the-blank] months.

Wanna continue??  Snip...snip! 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online roamer_1

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2023, 11:53:01 pm »
Prior to the 60s, Blacks retained marriage better than whites. They were more inclined toward two-parent families. The old man was in the house, and had a job. they were about even with whites in regard to Christian, church-going principles.

Find out what happened to that and you will find the answer.

And of course it can be fixed... in a single generation.