Author Topic: Biden accuses Big Three automakers of making 'record profits' that must be 'shared fairly' with UAW  (Read 1142 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Updated on September 15, 2023 1:18pm EDT
Biden accuses Big Three automakers of making 'record profits' that must be 'shared fairly' with UAW strikers
Biden called for a 'fair' deal that would let the Big Three automakers share 'record profits' with workers

By Chris Pandolfo FOXBusiness

President Biden on Friday delivered brief remarks on the United Auto Workers strike that began Thursday, accusing auto companies of refusing to share their profits with workers.

In a televised statement, Biden said the Big Three automakers were making "record profits" that "have not been shared fairly, in my view, with workers."

"No one wants a strike," Biden said. "But I respect workers' right to use their options under the collective bargaining system. Autoworkers sacrificed so much to keep the industry alive and strong, especially through the economic crisis and the pandemic. Workers deserve a fair share of the benefits they helped create for an enterprise."

The president spoke for fewer than five minutes and did not take questions from the press. He called for the strike to be resolved with "record contracts" for UAW workers to match "record corporate profits."

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-accuses-big-three-automakers-making-record-profits-must-be-shared-fairly-uaw-strikers
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Hmmmm....

Hey Pedo Joe.....

The combined Market Cap of GM and Ford is under $100B.  Compare that with the top tier (say top 6)  of  Tech Behemoths.  They combined are over 10 Trillion Dollara.  Where the outrage there you hypocritical piece of shit.  We know you are in their pocket.

And the profits?  Don't get me started you hypocrite.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline PeteS in CA

Borrowing from my post on Conservative Cave:

Here is a chart showing FoMoCo's gross revenue, net income, and net margin % by quarter for 2010 through the first half of 2023, https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/F/ford-motor/net-profit-margin .

FoMoCo's gross revenue is its highest ever, but not by a lot. HOWEVER, LIEden's lie was "record profits". FoMoCo's net profit margin for the first half of 2023 is on the order of 2.2%, which is pathetically far from FoMoCo's "record profit" since 2010.

Looking at GM, https://www.macrotrends.net/stocks/charts/GM/general-motors/profit-margins , same time frame, they are doing much less awful, but GM's ~5.8% net profit margin in the first half of 2023 is far from GM's highest profit since 2010.

Is LIEden so grossly ignorant that he confused gross revenue with net profit? Did LIEden lie, knowing his faithful Prog followers would not dare fact-check his grossly false claim? I really do not much care.

Was I surprised that LIEden's claim was false? Not. At. All.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mountaineer

Shareholders are irrelevant to Dementia Joe.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

Joe Biden "I'm a Union guy." Yeah, I guess he is - doesn't actually work much, but is greatly overpaid.
UPS drivers now make $170K a year. Not to be outdone autoworkers are demanding $300K a year AND a four day, 32 hour work week.

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1703062347625980333

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Did Joe Biden 'share fairly' all the 10s of millions he made from corruption?
Not only did he not share it, Biden didn't even pay taxes on it.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

Biden accuses Big Three automakers of making 'record profits' that must be 'shared fairly' with UAW strikers

I don't recall UAW members helping out Ford with the $3.1 billion it lost last year.  'Share fairly' my foot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline berdie

I don't recall UAW members helping out Ford with the $3.1 billion it lost last year.  'Share fairly' my foot.

That is my first thought.

I'm not big on unions. They started out good but...  So lets say the union gets it demands and the company has a bad year? There is no room for recovery if salaries are too high.

Offline libertybele

Joe Biden "I'm a Union guy." Yeah, I guess he is - doesn't actually work much, but is greatly overpaid.
UPS drivers now make $170K a year. Not to be outdone autoworkers are demanding $300K a year AND a four day, 32 hour work week.

https://twitter.com/amuse/status/1703062347625980333

Heck, I'll go back to work -- I can drive -- UPS, here I come!   :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Tom Cotton
@TomCottonAR
How President Biden caused this mess:
'Union Joe' Biden Teamed Up With GM Chief To Push a Transition to Electric Vehicles. It Could Come Back to Haunt Them.
Painful EV transition pushed by White House is central to auto worker complaints
Chuck Ross, Washington Free Beacon
September 19, 2023

President Joe Biden praised General Motors chief executive Mary Barra at a 2022 event, saying "we owe you big" for pushing the auto industry towards all-electric production over the next decade. The president’s kind words for Barra, and their decision to team up to back a transition to electric vehicles, could come back to haunt both parties amid a historic United Auto Workers strike.

The 150,000-member union has singled out Barra as an example of corporate greed at the "Big Three" automakers, a group that also includes Ford and Stellantis. UAW, which launched a strike at four auto plants last week, took a shot at Barra over her industry-leading $29 million annual salary. UAW president Shawn Fain declared "war" on the Big Three last month, citing the $200 million Barra has raked in over the past decade. The union wants a hefty increase to salaries and benefits for its members, along with assurances that jobs will be protected during the transition to EV production.

That dramatic shift will likely come at a steep cost in terms of auto industry jobs, and the transition to electric vehicles is at the center of the auto workers' complaints. According to one estimate, the transition to EV production will come at the cost of 117,000 auto jobs. ...

Biden has fast-tracked the electric vehicle transition through billions of dollars in federal subsidies. The Build Back Better Act provides $7,500 in tax breaks for the purchase of electric cars, a major boon to GM and other automakers.

Biden’s alliance with Barra could alienate union voters, a core base of support in his reelection bid.  ...

Online DefiantMassRINO

UAW Memebers could always buy shares of company stock to share in the profits.

This strike will provide more justification of automation and offshoring of US auto manufacturing.

Who says GM factories can't be in Brazil?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Auto Workers' Union Will Expand Strike if Demands Not Met in Days

Reuters   
September 19, 2023

The United Auto Workers union said it would announce on Friday more U.S. plants to strike if no serious progress was made in talks with the Detroit Three automakers, as a Canadian union held off on an immediate walkout at Ford's operations in Canada.

The UAW last week launched a strike against Ford, General Motors, and Chrysler parent Stellantis, targeting one U.S. assembly plant at each company.

"We're not going to keep waiting around forever while they drag this out," UAW President Shawn Fain said in a video message late on Monday setting the new deadline after complaining about a lack of progress in recent talks. "We're not messing around."

Ford's contract with Canadian union Unifor, which represents about 5,600 workers at three plants in Canada, expired at 11:59 p.m. EDT on Monday.

The union said early on Tuesday that negotiations had been extended for 24 hours after it received a "substantive offer" from Ford.

more
https://freebeacon.com/latest-news/auto-workers-union-will-expand-strike-if-demands-not-met-in-days/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

UAW Memebers could always buy shares of company stock to share in the profits.

I will never forget when Frank Borman offered to sell Eastern Airlines to the unions.  They turned him down flat, then proceeded to go on strike, driving the company out of business and eliminating all of those union jobs.  Idiots.  I hate unions with a passion.  Eastern Airlines was a particularly disgusting episode.  The pilots union demanded a new contract and were given one with big raises, for which they agreed to work for the next four years.  Then the machinists demanded a new contract.  They didn't like what they were being offered, so they went on strike.  And immediately, the pilots joined the strike, reneging on the contract they had just agreed to.  And with no pilots, there was no more Eastern Airlines.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
I will never forget when Frank Borman offered to sell Eastern Airlines to the unions.  They turned him down flat, then proceeded to go on strike, driving the company out of business and eliminating all of those union jobs.  Idiots.  I hate unions with a passion.  Eastern Airlines was a particularly disgusting episode.  The pilots union demanded a new contract and were given one with big raises, for which they agreed to work for the next four years.  Then the machinists demanded a new contract.  They didn't like what they were being offered, so they went on strike.  And immediately, the pilots joined the strike, reneging on the contract they had just agreed to.  And with no pilots, there was no more Eastern Airlines.

When profitability fully disappears without hope of recovery.  The U.S. auto industry will die.   I hope the UAW realizes they may be killing the gold laying goose.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mountaineer

Automakers spend millions on Diversity Equity and Inclusion as workers strike for fair pay
By Jon Levine   
Published Sep. 23, 2023, 2:29 p.m. ET
New York Post

America’s largest automakers are doling out millions of dollars on diversity, equity inclusion, and other woke programs — a slap in the face to striking workers who ripped the companies as hypocritical.

“If you care about diversity and equity and inclusion and social justice — then you put it in the contract and you compensate workers fairly,” said Brandon Mancilla, 29, the UAW union director for New York City just days after thousands of employees walked off the job.

“Ohio autoworkers need a raise – not a lecture about race,” said Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio). “If the Big Three can afford to shell out six-figure salaries to a bunch of bloviating DEI consultants, they should be able to give their workers a generous pay raise,”

“And if they say they can’t find the money, here’s a hint: fire the woke consultants,” he added.  ...
Same is true of every college and university in the country. Finding it difficult to balance the budget? Get rid of your offices of DEI and LGBT idiocy.