Author Topic: Trump says he’ll testify allegation he asked staffer to delete security camera footage is ‘false’  (Read 585 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he’ll testify allegation he asked staffer to delete security camera footage is ‘false’
by Brett Samuels - 09/15/23 8:31 AM ET

Former President Trump in a new interview said he would be willing to testify that an allegation by prosecutors that he acted with an alleged co-conspirator to delete security footage is false.

The Justice Department in July filed a superseding indictment in the case over Trump’s retention of classified documents after leaving office that accused Trump of working with the property manager to delete surveillance footage at his Mar-a-Lago estate.

Asked about the charge by Kristen Welker on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Trump called the allegation “false.”

“Would you testify to that under oath?” Welker asked.

“Sure, I’m going to – I’ll testify,” Trump said.

Trump also called it a “fake charge” brought by a “deranged lunatic prosecutor,” referring to special counsel Jack Smith, who is overseeing the documents investigation and the federal case against Trump for his efforts to overturn the 2020 election results and remain in power.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4206043-trump-says-hell-testify-allegation-he-asked-staffer-to-delete-security-camera-footage-is-false/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Problem for Trump is that you can't choose to assert the 5th selectively.  Once you testify voluntarily about one thing, you can be asked about anything.