Author Topic: Staten Island to get $400M waterfront facelift (again)  (Read 405 times)

Offline Kamaji

Staten Island to get $400M waterfront facelift (again)
« on: September 15, 2023, 12:27:53 pm »
Staten Island to get $400M waterfront facelift (again) in hopes of luring new business

By Craig McCarthy
Published Sep. 14, 2023

The city is shelling out $400 million to build a sprawling park along the New York Bay in Staten Island in hopes to lure private businesses to invest in the borough.

The four-year plan, touted by Mayor Eric Adams and Councilwoman Kamillah Hanks as a recommitment to the North Shore, promises a two-mile waterfront park from the Bayonne Bridge to the Verrazzano-Narrows Bridge, similar to the park on Manhattan’s west side.

Lawmakers hope that the 20-acre esplanade will attract nearly 8,000 new jobs and speed up the construction of thousands of housing units.

“When people come down here and see how beautiful the waterfront is, builders are going to realize that people are coming here and they’re going to build,” Adams said on Pier 1 Thursday morning.

“For so long, Staten Island has been denied and ignored and they had the title of the forgotten borough,” Adams said, adding, “I have made it clear on all my visits here: You are not forgotten in this administration.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/14/staten-island-to-get-400m-waterfront-facelift/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Staten Island to get $400M waterfront facelift (again)
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 12:28:15 pm »
:facepalm2:

Those recent secession threats must have had more teeth than they appeared to have.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 01:54:37 pm »
$400M on "hopium"...smdh.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 01:59:00 pm »
$400M on "hopium"...smdh.

Grease for the palms of the local S.I. politicians.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 02:14:42 pm »
 ////00000////

The problem - you'll still be able to see and smell New Jersey.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.