Author Topic: Liberty Safe Facing Backlash Over Giving Override Code to FBI  (Read 677 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Liberty Safe Facing Backlash Over Giving Override Code to FBI
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 01:12:24 pm »
Now I understand what all the Liberty Meme's are all about!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 04:17:34 pm »
Apparently there are a limited number of manufacturers that provide digital locks to safe manufacturers so the back up code problem is wide spread, also it seems you cant really just delete the code.

AmmoLand News was informed that almost all safe manufacturers use locking mechanisms from one of a few companies. That revelation means that the vulnerability of a built-in backup code isn’t limited to Liberty Safes

The actual lock manufacturers still have the backup codes. Going to a mechanical lock is the only way to be truly safe. If you must use a digital locking mechanism, the best way to keep your belongings safe is to acquire a new digital lock and have a locksmith install it on your safe.

https://www.ammoland.com/2023/09/liberty-safe-scandal-and-what-it-taught-gun-owners/?ct=t(RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 04:20:03 pm »
Course if they want they'll just take an angle grinder to it.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2023, 05:00:03 pm »
You mean....You mean....  we can't trust the FBI? :whistle:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2023, 05:47:51 pm »
I hope that there was at least a warrant signed by a judge.  That's Government seizure of private intellectual property.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.