Author Topic: Ford CEO: Granting Wage Rises Could Prevent The Transition to EVs  (Read 403 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ford CEO: Granting Wage Rises Could Prevent The Transition to EVs
« on: September 15, 2023, 11:30:48 am »
Ford CEO: Granting Wage Rises Could Prevent The Transition to EVs
2 hours ago Eric Worrall 7 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

h/t Breitbart; Imagine being told that you can’t have the cost of living increase you demanded, same percentage increase executives granted themselves, because Auto companies need the money to fund the EV transition.

… While discussing the pay raises demanded by the UAW in negotiations and pay raises for CEOs, Farley said that they have offered pay raises and are open to big pay increases, but the 40% that the UAW is asking for is too much and would put the company out of business, and “There’s a fine line here that we won’t go past, which is, we want everyone to participate in our success. But if it prevents us from investing in this transition to EVs and in future products like the ones we have now like a new F-150, the best-selling vehicle in the U.S., then everyone’s job’s at risk if we don’t invest. So, there’s a line. The line isn’t for us to go bankrupt. The line is somewhere in the middle, and the only way to resolve that is to actually negotiate.” …

Read more: https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/14/ford-ceo-we-wont-give-workers-pay-increases-that-keep-us-from-investing-in-this-transition-to-evs/

“I can’t afford any of the cars I’m helping to build” – one of the comments I saw online from an auto worker.

Latest news as of writing this article is United Autoworkers decided to strike. I’m guessing trying to persuade workers that supporting Biden’s EV transition is more important than them having enough money to pay their bills, a wage increase proportionally on par with the 40% increase management allegedly granted themselves, wasn’t quite the diplomatic coup Ford CEO Jim Farley hoped it would be.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/09/15/ford-ceo-granting-wage-rises-could-prevent-the-transition-to-evs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Re: Ford CEO: Granting Wage Rises Could Prevent The Transition to EVs
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2023, 11:47:01 am »
Someone on another forum said Ford was all in on EV's, if they go under, Ford goes under. Horrible mistake by the company if true.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2023, 11:49:36 am »
If giving them a raise will kill the EV's I say that is a fair trade off.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2023, 11:54:51 am »
If giving them a raise will kill the EV's I say that is a fair trade off.

:thumbsup: