Author Topic: NASA admits they can’t identify mysterious flying objects, appoints first UFO director  (Read 994 times)

Offline Kamaji

NASA admits they can’t identify mysterious flying objects, appoints first UFO director

By Isabel Keane
Published Sep. 14, 2023

The truth is still out there.

NASA announced Thursday that it has appointed its first-ever director of UFOs, stressing that they’ve yet to find proof of alien spacecraft — while conceding they still have no idea what the mysterious objects actually are.

The space agency released the findings of a yearlong independent study in UFOs Thursday in a 33-page report and cautioned that the negative perception surrounding UFOs has long hindered their ability to collect data.

“The top takeaway from the study is that there is a lot more to learn,” NASA Administrator Bill Nelson said of UAPs, or “unidentified anomalous phenomenon.”

“The NASA independent study team did not find any evidence that UAP have an extraterrestrial origin.

“But we don’t know what these UAP are,” he said.

“The mission of NASA is to find out the unknown … Whatever we find, we’re going to tell you.”

The space agency’s chief said he wanted to shift the conversation on UAPs — the new term replacing UFOs — “from sensationalism to science.”

That sensationalism is so extreme it kept the agency from identifying its new director of UAP research.

NASA said the new director of UAP research will handle “centralized communications, resources and data analytical capabilities to establish a robust database for the evaluation of future UAP.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/14/nasa-appoints-first-ufo-director-admits-they-dont-know-what-uap-are/

Offline Polly Ticks

I wonder if they've ruled out weather balloons from China.  /sarc

:Aliens:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
The big takeaway is, as I learned today in my Cosmology class is UFO's are now being called UAP's
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline berdie

I wonder if they've ruled out weather balloons from China.  /sarc

:Aliens:

They can't just yet...nobody can read the Chinese printed on the UFOs.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
The big takeaway is, as I learned today in my Cosmology class is UFO's are now being called UAP's

Caught my attention, too, @Gefn   It's a weasel word.

"Anomalous" - deviating from what is standard, normal, or expected.
"an anomalous situation"

Why not "Aerial"....what it used to stand for in the 'acronym'?

Is it because it can break the surface of the ocean meeting no resistance??

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Still unidentified..
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Waste of Money, more government blow dough BS.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat

"an anomalous situation"

@DCPatriot

I just realized maybe it's being done to confuse SF writers?

What would Ray Bradbury and Rod Sterling think?

twilight zonexxxx
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

"an anomalous situation"

Not to hi jack the thread, but that definition :pondering: should we then refer to Biden's presidency as anomalous...or did we get what was actually expected?....................we return you now to your previously scheduled discussion :laugh: