Author Topic: 208 previously deported violent criminals referred for federal prosecution  (Read 234 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SEPTEMBER 13, 2023SALT LAKE CITY, UTENFORCEMENT AND REMOVAL
208 previously deported violent criminals referred for federal prosecution
Efforts used to discourage border migration to Utah of public safety threats
SALT LAKE CITY — U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Salt Lake City has referred 208 foreign nationals for criminal prosecution to date in fiscal year 2023.

These referrals include foreign nationals who have been previously removed from the United States and have three or more misdemeanors or a felony conviction, or a previous removal with an aggravated felony conviction, which include murder, rape, fraud or sexual abuse of a minor. Those cases amenable to federal criminal prosecution for immigration offenses may be presented to the U.S. attorney's office.

“Career criminals who have been previously deported are often drawn back to Utah from the border,” said ERO Salt Lake City Field Office Director Michael Bernacke. “Our partnership with the U.S. attorney’s office in prosecuting criminal immigration offenses discourages border crossings of those who would do Utah residents harm.”

Those referred include the following:

https://www.ice.gov/news/releases/208-previously-deported-violent-criminals-referred-federal-prosecution
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: 208 previously deported violent criminals referred for federal prosecution
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2023, 05:32:21 pm »
How do they keep getting by Biden's "secure border"? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson