Author Topic: Dove partners with BLM activist accused of wrongly getting white student expelled  (Read 347 times)

Online Kamaji

Dove partners with BLM activist accused of wrongly getting white student expelled to promote ‘fat liberation’

By Melissa Koenig
Published Sep. 14, 2023

Beauty giant Dove has partnered with a Black Lives Matter activist to promote “fat liberation,” after she was accused of wrongfully getting a white student expelled from her university over a “misheard” remark.

Zyanha Bryant, a community organizer and student activist studying at the University of Virginia, made the announcement she was a “Dove ambassador” on her Instagram page at the end of August, as she spoke about her goal of ending the stigma of being overweight.

“My belief is that we should be centering the voices and the experiences of the most marginalized people and communities at all times,” Bryant, 22, said in a video.

“So when I think about what fat liberation looks like to me, I think about centering the voices of those who live in and who maneuver through spaces and institutions in a fat body.”

She captioned her video by saying, “Fat liberation is something we should all be talking about… Tell us what Fat Liberation means to you using the hashtag #SizeFreedom and tagging @dove to share your story.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/14/dove-partners-with-blm-activist-zyanha-bryant-to-promote-fat-liberation/

Online Kamaji