Author Topic: Academic Whose Work Was Cited As Proof Of ‘Systemic Racism’ Is Fired For Falsifying Research  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Kamaji

Academic Whose Work Was Cited As Proof Of ‘Systemic Racism’ Is Fired For Falsifying Research

‘The narrative of police genocide of African Americans turned out … to be complete nonsense,’ said Wilfred Reilly.

BY: SHAWN FLEETWOOD
SEPTEMBER 13, 2023

A Florida State University professor whose work was foundational to perpetuating the false narrative that there is widespread “systemic racism” infecting American society has been fired for falsifying data in his academic research on the subject.

In a recently resurfaced report from last month, the New York Post revealed that Eric Stewart, an FSU criminology professor, had been fired by the university “on account of ‘extreme negligence’ in his research,” as well as “incompetence” and producing “false results” in his nearly 20 years of work.

“I do not see how you can teach our students to be ethical researchers or how the results of future research projects conducted by you could be deemed as trustworthy,” FSU Provost James Clark wrote in a July 13 letter formally notifying Stewart of his firing.

According to the Post, Stewart has had six studies published in major academic journals between 2003 and 2019 that were “fully retracted,” including a 2019 study claiming the historical legacy of lynchings “made whites perceive blacks as criminals, and that the problem was worse among conservatives.”

Stewart’s retracted research also included claims that racial disparities in criminal sentencing are racially motivated. In a 2015 study, for instance, Stewart suggested Americans supported tougher sentencing for Hispanics because they feared an increase in the U.S. Latino population and Latinos’ potential economic success.

Other retracted studies include a 2018 analysis which “suggested that white Americans view black and Latino people as ‘criminal threats,’ and suggested that perceived threat could lead to ‘state-sponsored social control,’” the Post added.

Clark indicated in his letter that Stewart’s other published works are “in doubt.”

Rather than own up to his actions, Stewart has since attempted to play the victim card and attacked Justin Pickett, a former FSU graduate student who reported Stewart for his unethical conduct. Following the launch of the investigation into his work in 2020, Stewart, who is black, claimed that by raising concerns about his faulty research, Pickett had “essentially lynched [him] and [his] academic character.”

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/13/academic-whose-work-was-cited-as-proof-of-systemic-racism-is-fired-for-falsifying-research/

Offline mountaineer

This comes as a complete surprise.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yeah, I'm stunned, too.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

When the demand for racism far exceeds the supply, counterfeiters make up the difference.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

Well, it did take place in Florida, which appears to be less infected with DEI woke-ism than a lot of other states.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Well, it did take place in Florida, which appears to be less infected with DEI woke-ism than a lot of other states.

True,  Had it been at an Ivy League school it would have been sanctioned for all those years.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline verga

I am shocked I tell you Shocked to learn this. /SARC
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
So when does he start his new job in the Biden administration...there are so many departments his 'expertise' would be welcomed in.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Am I owed Reparations?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline goatprairie

According to a recent Gallup poll Stewart's view about systemic racism are mostly in line with what the great majority of black Americans believe. From the Gallup poll about 84% of black Americans believe systemic racism against them is widespread.
Now, think about that. There are now many large American cities (like Detroit) where blacks are in the great majority. Most of the people they deal with on a daily basis are black. Are those blacks they deal with on a daily basis racists?
Not hardly likely.
Racism is less than one percent of the problems of black Americans. But for obvious reasons they want to keep using race as an excuse for failure.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
Quote from: article
“suggested that white Americans view black and Latino people as ‘criminal threats,’ and suggested that perceived threat could lead to ‘state-sponsored social control,’”

Well it is partially right... but most (including me) just want "do the crime, do the time" justice like any sane person would (is that considered "state sponsored" prison?). Simple crime stats prove the first part is God-given discernment, the rest is just the "researcher" trying to quantify the behavior with race-baiting.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Kamaji

Well it is partially right... but most (including me) just want "do the crime, do the time" justice like any sane person would (is that considered "state sponsored" prison?). Simple crime stats prove the first part is God-given discernment, the rest is just the "researcher" trying to quantify the behavior with race-baiting.

Hardly.  There is nothing inherent in a person as such due to ethnicity thst leads to criminal behavior.  Culture is not genetic. 

Offline PeteS in CA

Hardly.  There is nothing inherent in a person as such due to ethnicity thst leads to criminal behavior.  Culture is not genetic.

:thumbsup:

I do not care about thugs' skin color. I do care a lot about thugs spending time behind bars (= off the streets, unable to commit more crimes) after due process.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline goatprairie

:thumbsup:

I do not care about thugs' skin color. I do care a lot about thugs spending time behind bars (= off the streets, unable to commit more crimes) after due process.
:thumbsup: It is common on many liberal websites that whites don't care about crimes committed by other whites. They just want to punish non-whites for racist reasons.
That's such a screwball, dimwitted attitude it hardly warrants the effort of rebutting.  Like white people don't care about other whites committing violent crimes.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Doan ya jist HATE  hit win dis happins?

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Kamaji

And THERE it is!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
:thumbsup: It is common on many liberal websites that whites don't care about crimes committed by other whites. They just want to punish non-whites for racist reasons.
That's such a screwball, dimwitted attitude it hardly warrants the effort of rebutting.  Like white people don't care about other whites committing violent crimes.

@goatprairie

Do those "geniuses" splain how white people are not negatively affected by crimes committed by  other white people?

Or,more importantly,explain how white people are not affected by crimes committed by other races?

And,come to think of it,how do they explain the relative LACK of crimes committed by Asians. Is it because their (relatively)
"yellow" skin make them afraid to commit crimes?

WHO would these people blame for all this if white people  didn't exist?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !

Don't think I said it was one way or another (or both), just saying stats prove blacks (especially males) commit more crimes (often far more) per populace and to ignore this fact is not use the discernment God gave us. There is a reason Israel profile people at airports, because it is a tool that works.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline goatprairie

@goatprairie

Do those "geniuses" splain how white people are not negatively affected by crimes committed by  other white people?

Or,more importantly,explain how white people are not affected by crimes committed by other races?

And,come to think of it,how do they explain the relative LACK of crimes committed by Asians. Is it because their (relatively)
"yellow" skin make them afraid to commit crimes?

WHO would these people blame for all this if white people  didn't exist?
Not themselves. But of course, if white people didn't exist, black Americans would still be back in Africa living the wonderful lives they lived there in grass huts, no running water, no machines, and constant tribal feuds......the latter featuring among other bad things (you're going to be stunned by this revelation) slavery. But I'm guessing you're not stunned.
At some point (and I'm been waiting for this to happen for many decades) black people are going to have realize that they, like all other ethnic groups,  cause 99% of their problems. Good thing I didn't hold my breath while waiting.