Author Topic: Romney says won't seek 2024 Senate reelection: 'Time for a new generation of leaders'  (Read 585 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Romney says won't seek 2024 Senate reelection: 'Time for a new generation of leaders'

Utah Republican Sen. Mitt Romney on Wednesday said he does not plan on running for reelection, ending decades in public office as he cites his age and says, "It's time for a new generation of leaders."

Romney, who ran as the GOP presidential candidate in 2012, said in a video: "I've spent my last 25 years in public service of one kind or another. At the end of another term, I'd be in my mid-80s."
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
This, frankly, shocks me.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline dfwgator

Offline dfwgator

He knew he was going to be "Cheney'd"

Offline DefiantMassRINO

This could be a trial balloon to see if he would really be missed ... which he won't be.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

He can read the tea leaves. He knows he is very unpopular in Utah at present.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

So maybe his support for the Biden impeachment inquiry was principled. 

In any case, the party needs to find a conservative who can win the general election.  No political novices, QAnon devotees, or scam artists.

Online roamer_1

Don't let the door hit you on the ass...  :seeya:

Offline Kamaji

At least he's got the sense to bow out rather than get pushed out kicking and biting.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Here's a nice sunset for ya, Mitt:

Now ride off into it and don't come back.

Offline Kamaji

Here's a nice sunset for ya, Mitt:

Now ride off into it and don't come back.

:thumbsup:

Offline libertybele

Hopefully Mittens will be replaced with someone more conservative.  Utah and our Senate could wind up with someone worse.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Jenna Ellis
@JennaEllisEsq
BREAKING: Mitt Romney announces he won’t seek re-election in 2024

“At the end of another term, I’d be in my mid-eighties. Frankly, it’s time for a new generation of leaders.”

How utterly ironic that it’s Romney who is doing the respectful and appropriate thing and just retiring.

HINT to ERRBODY running in 2024 who will be over 80 by the time their term ended 👀🤷🏼‍♀️
1:47 PM · Sep 13, 2023
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online roamer_1

Hopefully Mittens will be replaced with someone more conservative.  Utah and our Senate could wind up with someone worse.

That is almost sure to be true.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Loosely translated.....   "I don't havea chance in hell to win"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline mountaineer

It promises to be an interesting primary.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org