Author Topic: ‘Hotter Than Expected’ Inflation Surges Again  (Read 462 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Hotter Than Expected’ Inflation Surges Again
« on: September 13, 2023, 05:30:40 pm »
‘Hotter Than Expected’ Inflation Surges Again

Spencer Brown
September 13, 2023

President Joe Biden's claims that inflation is "coming down" proved again to be at best wishful thinking and at worst a willful lie designed to deceive the American people on Wednesday morning when the August print of the Consumer Price Index (CPI) showed inflation surging higher again.

The top line: consumer prices increased 0.6 percent in August — three times the increase reported in the previous month — for an 12-month increase of 3.7 percent, a notable increase from the annual rate in July of 3.2 percent.

https://twitter.com/BLS_gov/status/1701936966017614153

In another blow to President Biden's rhetoric, the gasoline index was the largest contributor to August's spike in inflation with a 10.6 percent month-over-month leap while the costs for shelter increased for the 40th consecutive month.

Core CPI — which excludes the volatile food and energy indexes — also showed movement in the wrong direction as it rose 0.3 percent (compared to last month's 0.2 percent increase) for an annual rate of 4.3 percent.

All this data, as shown in this helpful chart shared by Dagen McDowell, should officially put to bed Biden administration claims that inflation is waning as a concern for Americans or a weight on their minds.

https://twitter.com/dagenmcdowell/status/1701948940415901980

Source:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/spencerbrown/2023/09/13/inflation-surges-again-n2628345

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: ‘Hotter Than Expected’ Inflation Surges Again
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 06:19:50 pm »
To reduce inflation, you need to reduce the price of energy.

To reduce the price of energy, you can:

1.)  Reduce demand (which the Fed is attempting to do with higher rates)
2.)  Increase supply (Biden Admin won't allow)
3.)  Improve energy consumption efficiencies  (takes years)
4.)  Pivot to less expensive alternatives  (Biden Admin won't allow or do not exist)

If the Biden Admin wanted to reduce long-term inflation, they need to take the shackles off the American domestic energy industry.

In the 1970s, higher energy prices and energy shortages were significant contributors to stagflation.

America has been blessed with an abundant supply of fossil fuels - coal, oil, natural gas.

Natural gas was supposed to be the transition fuel from coal and oil to renewables.  Unfortunately, after many nuclear and coal power generation plants were shuddered, the Green Communist Movement made methane Public Enemy #1.

The Biden Admin's policies are discouraging additional and new investment to augment America's energy infrastructure.  As demand increases or remains constant, the price of energy will remain higher because the Biden Admin's policies are artificially constraining domestic energy supplies.

Inflation won't decrease until the price of energy decreases.

It is my hope, that Republic Party would support invoking the Defense Production Act to complete pipelines that were already under construction and to develop new domestic energy projects to increase domestic supply and bring down energy prices for the long-term.

More affordable domestic energy would also be a competitive advantage for American industry and manufacturing.

Bad Energy Policy = Bad Inflation Policy = Bad GDP Policy = Bad Employment Policy = Bad Trade Policy = Bad National Defense Policy
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 06:24:20 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 06:24:22 pm »

4.)  Pivot to less expensive alternatives  (Biden Admin won't allow or do not exist)

If the Biden Admin wanted to reduce long-term inflation, they need to take the shackles off the American domestic energy industry.

In the 1970s, higher energy prices and energy shortages were significant contributors to stagflation.

America has been blessed with an abundant supply of fossil fuels - coal, oil, natural gas.

Natural gas was supposed to be the transition fuel from coal and oil to renewables.  Unfortunately, after many nuclear and coal power generation plants were shuddered, the Green Communist Movement made methane Public Enemy #1.

The Biden Admin's policies are discouraging additional and new investment to augment America's energy infrastructure.  As demand increases or remains constant, the price of energy will remain higher because the Biden Admin's policies are artificially constraining domestic energy supplies.

It is my hope, that Republic Party would support invoking the Defense Production Act to complete pipelines that were already under construction and to develop new domestic energy projects to increase domestic supply and bring down energy prices for the long-term.

One thing to Trump's credit is that he had us energy independent in just a short period of time.

?? I thought that the Defense Production Act was already passed and did very little to complete pipelines. Wasn't the one in VA eventually halted once again?
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 07:08:19 pm »

More affordable domestic energy would also be a competitive advantage for American industry and manufacturing.

Bad Energy Policy = Bad Inflation Policy = Bad GDP Policy = Bad Employment Policy = Bad Trade Policy = Bad National Defense Policy

I agree with every word of this and would add that the same should happen to ALL segments of the economy!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien