Author Topic: Apple users bash new iPhone 15: ‘Innovation died with Steve Jobs’  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Kamaji

Apple users bash new iPhone 15: ‘Innovation died with Steve Jobs’

By Brooke Kato
Published Sep. 13, 2023

Guess their favorite tech brand isn’t the apple of their eye — or, i — anymore.

Smartphone fans have been griping about Apple’s new devices since the arguably anti-climactic announcement of the forthcoming iPhone 15 on Tuesday.

On X (formerly Twitter), users have gone so far as to claim “innovation died with Steve Jobs,” the co-founder and former Apple CEO who died in 2011 from cancer at the age of 56.

The new iPhones, slated to drop on Sept. 22, feature never-before-seen color-infused glass — an “industry first” — and new charging ports.

While the display size is comparable to the 14, the 15’s titanium design makes it their “lightest weight Pro models yet,” Apple CEO Tim Cook wrote on X.

But the improved dual camera system, overall enhanced performance and expanded safety features aren’t enough to amateur online critics who claim the iPhone 15 models lack enough innovation to differentiate them from the previous generation.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/apple-users-bash-new-iphone-15-innovation-died-with-steve-jobs/

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Apple users bash new iPhone 15: ‘Innovation died with Steve Jobs’
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 04:00:27 pm »
Apple users bash new iPhone 15: ‘Innovation died with Steve Jobs’

By Brooke Kato
Published Sep. 13, 2023

Guess their favorite tech brand isn’t the apple of their eye — or, i — anymore.

Smartphone fans have been griping about Apple’s new devices since the arguably anti-climactic announcement of the forthcoming iPhone 15 on Tuesday.

On X (formerly Twitter), users have gone so far as to claim “innovation died with Steve Jobs,” the co-founder and former Apple CEO who died in 2011 from cancer at the age of 56.

The new iPhones, slated to drop on Sept. 22, feature never-before-seen color-infused glass — an “industry first” — and new charging ports.

While the display size is comparable to the 14, the 15’s titanium design makes it their “lightest weight Pro models yet,” Apple CEO Tim Cook wrote on X.

But the improved dual camera system, overall enhanced performance and expanded safety features aren’t enough to amateur online critics who claim the iPhone 15 models lack enough innovation to differentiate them from the previous generation.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/apple-users-bash-new-iphone-15-innovation-died-with-steve-jobs/

Maybe a little over-dramaticized, but there are some certain truths to this assertion.  Charles Payne's broadcast yesterday has some good discussion on how AAPL has gradually morphed from a company more focused on  execution than innovation.  But the investor side of me, thinks that even though planned obsolescence Apple may be pissing off consumers,  it is a good business model to perpetuate sales.   Well.....  until and unless some competitor starts approaching Apple in technological prowess.  Don't forget this is a company with over $60B in cash reserves and $2.75T in market cap.  No one is knocking them off the perch anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 04:05:16 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2023, 04:01:53 pm »
I just cannot get excited over a new iphone anymore.  :shrug:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2023, 04:06:50 pm »
I just cannot get excited over a new iphone anymore.  :shrug:

Know how cheap I am?  I use a flip phone, with a pay as you go plan.  I obsessively try to save money.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2023, 04:09:47 pm »
Know how cheap I am?  I use a flip phone, with a pay as you go plan.  I obsessively try to save money.

I've been tempted to go back but I'd miss the data features, maps etc.

My work pays for my cell but if I paid my own way I'd go with a prepaid plan, they're pretty cheap now.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2023, 04:37:40 pm »
Steve Jobs was an innovator who embraced risk.

Tim Cook is a CEO who avoids risk.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2023, 09:52:32 pm »
Catfish boasts:
"Know how cheap I am?  I use a flip phone, with a pay as you go plan.  I obsessively try to save money."

Heh.
You're not as thrifty as you think you are.
What do you pay for your "pay as you go" plan?
Tell us, and then I'll tell you what I pay (and where to get it).

I, too, have a flip phone, which is ALWAYS (well, 99.9999%) turned off and put away.
No interest in iPhones or other smartphones

Now, Macs? That's a whole 'nother thing...!

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2023, 10:07:06 pm »
Catfish boasts:
"Know how cheap I am?  I use a flip phone, with a pay as you go plan.  I obsessively try to save money."

Heh.
You're not as thrifty as you think you are.
What do you pay for your "pay as you go" plan?
Tell us, and then I'll tell you what I pay (and where to get it).

I, too, have a flip phone, which is ALWAYS (well, 99.9999%) turned off and put away.
No interest in iPhones or other smartphones

$100 a year, and that covers all the emergency or unexpected calls I need.  Honestly, it is seldom used.  That comes down to a little over $8/month.  AND....   If pay phones still existed, I wouldn't even have this one.  I only haul this relic around when traveling.  And again, only usedin an emergency.

Pssst....  And btw, all of my unused balance carries over to the next year when I renew.  Right now, my phone has $404 of unused service balance.

Want more proof of my obsession with frugality and wealth management.?  Check the second post of this thread.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,455284.0.html

Offline berdie

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2023, 10:18:24 pm »
$100 a year, and that covers all the emergency or unexpected calls I need.  Honestly, it is seldom used.  That comes down to a little over $8/month.  AND....   If pay phones still existed, I wouldn't even have this one.  I only haul this relic around when traveling.  And again, only usedin an emergency.

Pssst....  And btw, all of my unused balance carries over to the next year when I renew.  Right now, my phone has $404 of unused service balance.

Want more proof of my obsession with frugality and wealth management.?  Check the second post of this thread.

https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,455284.0.html

My phone is used in the same way and has a similar plan. I unfortunately had a family crisis once and forgot to add minutes before they expired and...zap $500 down the drain. I called AT&T begging for mercy. Their response, That's so sad. 9999hair out0000

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2023, 10:37:35 pm »
It's a frickin' phone,   what do you want it to do?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2023, 10:57:00 pm »
Catfish wrote:
"$100 a year, and that covers all the emergency or unexpected calls I need.  Honestly, it is seldom used.  That comes down to a little over $8/month."

I use pagepluscellular.com. They contract with Verizon as their carrier, so anywhere Verizon works, they work too.

They have a "pay as you go" plan.
The cheapest option is $10, and it lasts for 4 months.
After 4 months have gone by, you have to renew for another $10.

So... that's a total of $30 per year (plus tax).

Beat you by $70.

A conductor on the railroad once ribbed me that I was "the cheapest man alive". I took that as a compliment.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2023, 11:14:51 pm »
Catfish wrote:
"$100 a year, and that covers all the emergency or unexpected calls I need.  Honestly, it is seldom used.  That comes down to a little over $8/month."

I use pagepluscellular.com. They contract with Verizon as their carrier, so anywhere Verizon works, they work too.

They have a "pay as you go" plan.
The cheapest option is $10, and it lasts for 4 months.
After 4 months have gone by, you have to renew for another $10.

So... that's a total of $30 per year (plus tax).

Beat you by $70.

A conductor on the railroad once ribbed me that I was "the cheapest man alive". I took that as a compliment.

:thumbsup:

Good job.  Think I might check that one out.  How many minutes do you get incrementaly with thqt price?

And as far as cheapest alive? That moniker has been slapped on me at least  50 times in the past 40 years.  Though I have kind of softened a tad in my old age, especailly with friends and family, knowing I won't be able to spend it all.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2023, 12:21:03 am »
 ////00000////

For those who miss the days when you paid monthly rent to Ma Bell on your home phone ...

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2023, 01:17:06 am »

My work pays for my cell but if I paid my own way I'd go with a prepaid plan, they're pretty cheap now.
I have no idea how much prepaid plans cost but I get unlimited talk/text and one gig data for $14 a month with Spectrum and I have never used more than a gig since there is plenty of WiFi.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2023, 04:48:32 am »

my phone use is low, but wide... Smartphone features would be hard to give up going back to a flip... My entire PIM in my hand, and a single entry point in that regard, across all my devices being primary. Add maps, and it is mighty.

and all that for $35/month unlimited makes it very affordable.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

• Technical
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2023, 04:05:02 pm »
////00000////

For those who miss the days when you paid monthly rent to Ma Bell on your home phone ...

Back in the 90's I actually bought a dial up modem for my Palm Pilot. If I was in the doctor's office and bored I'd just plug it into an RJ45 jack. Worked fairly well.

https://www.amazon.com/PalmOne-Modem-Connectivity-Palm-IIIc/dp/B00004WHFG