Author Topic: Tahesha Way becomes New Jersey’s third lieutenant governor  (Read 325 times)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Tahesha Way becomes New Jersey’s third lieutenant governor
« on: September 13, 2023, 12:48:40 pm »
Secretary of State Tahesha Way became New Jersey’s third lieutenant governor Friday, filling a vacancy left by the August death of former Lt. Gov. Sheila Oliver.

“Like Sheila, I will dedicate every day of my life to fighting for the forgotten families of our state,” Way said during a brief ceremony preceding her swearing-in. “I will do everything in my power to bring down the cost of living, so no parent will have to suffer the indignity of choosing between putting food on the table or keeping a roof over their child’s head.”

Way, a former administrative law judge, has led the New Jersey Department of State throughout Gov. Phil Murphy’s tenure and was previously a Passaic County commissioner.

She also served as president of the National Association of Secretaries of State and, as New Jersey’s top election official, presided over the virtually all-mail 2020 election that shattered state turnout records.

https://newjerseymonitor.com/2023/09/08/tahesha-way-becomes-new-jerseys-third-lieutenant-governor/
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️