Author Topic: White House to send letter urging news outlets to ‘ramp up scrutiny’ of Biden impeachment inquiry  (Read 853 times)

Offline Kamaji

White House to send letter urging news outlets to ‘ramp up scrutiny’ of Biden impeachment inquiry

By Melissa Koenig
Published Sep. 13, 2023

Biden’s White House is planning to send a letter to some of the country’s most prominent news organizations — including CNN, The New York Times, and Fox News — urging them to “ramp up their scrutiny” of House Republicans “for opening an impeachment inquiry based on lies.”

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy ordered an impeachment inquiry into the president’s alleged involvement in his son Hunter Biden’s foreign business deals on Tuesday.

“Through our investigations, we have found that President Biden did lie to the American people about his own knowledge of his family’s foreign business dealings,” the speaker charged, claiming “these allegations paint a picture of a culture of corruption.”

In a draft letter to news executives obtained by CNN Tuesday, Ian Sams, a spokesperson for the White House Counsel’s Office, said the inquiry has no supporting evidence, which “should set off alarm bells for news organizations.”

However, the missive has raised eyebrows over concerns about the White House dictating editorial direction.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/13/biden-impeachment-white-house-to-send-letter-urging-news-outlets-to-scrutinize-inquiry/

Offline Kamaji

And so the corruption continues.

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

The White House sent this letter to media organizations yesterday, telling them: "It’s time for the media to ramp up its scrutiny of House Republicans for opening an impeachment inquiry based on lies."

https://twitter.com/Logan_Ratick/status/1701936578635903191

Offline mountaineer

House Oversight Committee disagrees with the current administration/media narrative that there's "no evidence" (some say "no hard evidence") of Biden corruption.

https://twitter.com/GOPoversight/status/1701936349928898638?s=20

Offline mountaineer

Republican Rep. Scott Perry unleashes on regime reporter who tries suggesting that Republicans don't have any evidence against Joe Biden for their impeachment inquiry. ...

https://twitter.com/CollinRugg/status/1701696818915201281

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Although we knew the MSM had talking points from the WH they used to deny it..lol...now they don't care... :shrug:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AYFKM? CNN Breaks Story About Secret White House Media Directive to Bash Impeachment — to Bash Impeachment
BY ATHENA THORNE 12:55 PM ON SEPTEMBER 13, 2023

AYFKM? CNN Breaks Story About Secret White House Media Directive to Bash Impeachment — to Bash Impeachment

A Tuesday report from CNN Business is a real piece of work. It’s probably the most egregious example of media bias I’ve seen this year.

The report is blatant following of ze orders by a Left-wing news outlet even as it openly reveals that it is following ze orders. This goes way beyond your basic self-awareness fail to land somewhere between dereliction of journalistic duty and utter immorality in the pursuit of partisan service.

A CNN headline that read, “White House to send letter to news execs urging outlets to ‘ramp up’ scrutiny of GOP’s Biden impeachment inquiry ‘based on lies’” surprised me this morning. I was ready to grudgingly give the left-wing rag some credit for speaking truth to power for once. But a quick read through the article shattered my dreams of CNN actually committing an act of journalism.

The gist of the story is that, on Tuesday, CNN obtained an advance draft of a media directive from the White House that it would have received on Wednesday anyway. The newsworthy part is that the directive is absolutely shocking for a White House to send to the allegedly free media. And the first two paragraphs of the CNN piece almost read like a real news item (emphasis is added throughout all quotes):

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/athena-thorne/2023/09/13/ayfkm-cnn-breaks-story-about-secret-white-house-media-directive-to-bash-impeachment-to-bash-impeachment-n1726657
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House to Demand Media Outlets ‘Ramp Up Scrutiny’ of Biden Impeachment ‘Based on Lies’

Wendell Husebø 13 Sep 2023

The Biden administration on Wednesday intends to demand media outlet executives provide negative coverage of the Biden impeachment inquiry, which it claims is “based on lies” and should “set off alarm bells.”

“It’s time for the media to ramp up its scrutiny of House Republicans for opening an impeachment inquiry based on lies,” wrote White House spokesman Ian Sams, according to a draft letter reported by CNN.

Sams, who condemned the impeachment inquiry on Tuesday as “extreme” and unwarranted, again alleged the House Republicans had no evidence to launch the inquiry, which he said “should set off alarm bells for news organizations.”

The Biden administration intends to send the letter to many establishment news organizations, including CNN, the New York Times, Fox News, the Associated Press, CBS News, and others.

It is not the first time the Biden administration has attempted to influence media coverage.

Elon Musk’s X released a batch of internal discussions in December that revealed executives at the social media company had met with federal agencies amid the Hunter Biden laptop story, and that the FBI reported tweets it didn’t like to workers at the company.

Documents also suggest that the FBI, DHS, and Office of the Director of National Intelligence (DNI) met with Twitter executives about the Hunter Biden laptop story, which Twitter censored during the 2020 presidential election.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/13/white-house-to-demand-media-outlets-ramp-up-scrutiny-biden-impeachment-based-lies/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online DefiantMassRINO

Once media smells blood in the water, they'll bury Biden Crime, Inc.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 06:39:01 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Once media smells blood in the water, they'll bury Bidein Crime, Inc.

Not so! They will continue to toe the party line until the very end!

https://twitter.com/nedryun/status/1702028118628647091
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 06:43:20 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online DefiantMassRINO

Every media personality wants to be the first, or have an exclusive.

Use that to manipulate the media.

Rather than screaming from the rooftops, put out a few whispers here and there.  Once one media personality wins the newscycle, others will follow.

Use "unnamed sources" to deploy information in the media.  Steer those "unnamed resources" to the media outlets and personailities that produce the best payback.

They need to convince Independents, not Republicans.  FoxNews and OAN will not get the job done because they are already preaching to the converted.

Headline / Scoop envy is a driver amongst media personalities.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 06:45:33 pm by DefiantMassRINO »

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DefiantMassRINO

I hope someone posts a draft or a finaly copy of the memo on the Interwebs.

Proves that the Dems and the Media are in collusion with each other.

Offline PeteS in CA

I'm bemused by the CNN "reporter" having in the same article exposed WH dictation to the MSM and parroted the demanded message. Was it stupidity? Or did the "reporter" follow the WH's demand and show the reason why?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Kamaji

Once media smells blood in the water, they'll bury Biden Crime, Inc.

No.  They'll circle the wagons and double-down on the Trump revenge theory, making Bidet look like the innocent victim.

Offline Mod2

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Within Hours Of Receiving WH Letter, CNN Publishes Bogus Fact-Check Of House Inquiry

Brianna Lyman
News and Commentary Writer
September 13, 2023 6:11 PM ET
Font Size:

CNN fact-checked the House’s impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden on Wednesday just hours after the White House asked news executives to up the scrutiny on Republicans. CNN’s fact-checking team admitted most of the claims were true but downplayed each allegation.

Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy announced Tuesday Republicans would move forward with an impeachment inquiry, saying he believes there is enough evidence stemming from both the House Judiciary and Oversight committees to move forward.

The White House Counsel’s Office spokesperson Ian Sam sent a letter to news executives Wednesday saying “it’s time for the media to ramp up its scrutiny of House Republicans for opening an impeachment inquiry based on lies.” The letter reportedly said the inquiry should “set off alarm bells for news organizations.”

Apparently it worked at CNN, because they issued an entire report fact-checking the inquiry in which they state most of the claims are true before trying to downplay them.

https://twitter.com/jarvis_best/status/1702055067007041737

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/13/cnn-fact-check-joe-biden-impeachment-white-house-letter/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
September 14, 2023
White House dispatches its flying monkeys in the press to debunk impeachment in memo, and CNN reports it like it's a good thing
By Monica Showalter

Is there anything worse than a press so corrupted by its ties to Democrats it can't even recognize its own slobbering servility?

That's the picture with CNN, which, in response to White House orders to 'fetch' for it on impeachment, went and fetched and then told everyone about how they fetched.

According to Athena Thorne at PJMedia:

A CNN headline that read, “White House to send letter to news execs urging outlets to ‘ramp up’ scrutiny of GOP’s Biden impeachment inquiry ‘based on lies’” surprised me this morning. I was ready to grudgingly give the left-wing rag some credit for speaking truth to power for once. But a quick read through the article shattered my dreams of CNN actually committing an act of journalism.

The gist of the story is that, on Tuesday, CNN obtained an advance draft of a media directive from the White House that it would have received on Wednesday anyway. The newsworthy part is that the directive is absolutely shocking for a White House to send to the allegedly free media. And the first two paragraphs of the CNN piece almost read like a real news item (emphasis is added throughout all quotes):

The White House plans to send a letter to top US news executives on Wednesday, urging them to intensify their scrutiny of House Republicans after Speaker Kevin McCarthy launched an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden, despite having found no evidence of a crime. [Okay, so they slipped up and plunked a biased lie right in the first sentence.]

“It’s time for the media to ramp up its scrutiny of House Republicans for opening an impeachment inquiry based on lies [oops! Another talking point slipped in],” Ian Sams, a spokesperson for the White House Counsel’s Office, wrote in the letter, according to a draft copy obtained by CNN.

The letter, which said an impeachment inquiry with no supporting evidence should “set off alarm bells for news organizations,” was sent to executives helming the nation’s largest news organizations, including CNN, The New York Times, Fox News, the Associated Press, CBS News, and others, a White House official familiar with the matter said.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/09/white_house_dispatches_its_flying_monkeys_in_the_press_to_debunk_impeachment_in_memo_and_cnn_reports_it_like_its_a_good_thing.html
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 03:09:56 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Offline mountaineer

Ben Shapiro
@benshapiro
So according to the media, there is NO EVIDENCE that Joe was involved in or benefitted from Hunter's corrupt business arrangements. So true, except for:
- Witness testimony from Devon Archer
- Statements from Tony Bobulinski
- Texts from Hunter Biden's computer
- WhatsApps from Hunter Biden's computer
- Joe Biden's statements on leveraging the ouster of Viktor Shokin in Ukraine
- Unexplained income to Joe Biden
- A lifetime of corruption benefitting his family from Joe Biden
9:18 AM · Sep 14, 2023