Author Topic: America’s biggest trading partner is no longer China but this country (Mexico)  (Read 1019 times)

Online Kamaji

America’s biggest trading partner is no longer China but this country

By Shannon Thaler
Published Sep. 12, 2023

Mexico has overtaken China as America’s biggest trading partner as the US looks to import goods closer to home and minimize its reliance on geopolitical rivals, according to Bloomberg.

America’s southern neighbor made up 15% of US imports in July, compared to 14.6% from China, according to data analyzed by the outlet.

The number of Chinese shipments in July were at their lowest level since the start of COVID, dropping by 14.5% in July compared to the same month last year, according to data released by Beijing last month.

The findings also showed that imports fell by 12.4% as the ruling Communist Party struggles to dig out of its post-pandemic funk.

Meanwhile, foreign direct investment (FDI) in Mexico is up more than 40% in the country this year as US companies increasingly shun China, Bloomberg reported. Last month, President Joe Biden and Congress imposed trade restrictions on Beijing, which seek to protect domestic microchip and tech-related manufacturing.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/12/americas-biggest-trading-partner-is-now-mexico/

Offline DB

And China just told its government workers, which is a substantial percentage of the population, that they can no longer use an Apple iPhone. So Apple gave away the store to only get bit in the ass - like that was unexpected...

Offline roamer_1

Suits me fine... Though I wish we could be more self-contained... After that, I wish it were Canada.

But I trust Mexico a helluvalot more than China... and it HAS to be cheaper without all that transcontinental shipping.

Online Kamaji

Suits me fine... Though I wish we could be more self-contained... After that, I wish it were Canada.

But I trust Mexico a helluvalot more than China... and it HAS to be cheaper without all that transcontinental shipping.

:thumbsup:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"But I trust Mexico a helluvalot more than China... and it HAS to be cheaper without all that transcontinental shipping."

Chinese national IQ average - 105

Mexican national IQ average - 88

SOURCE:
https://brainstats.com/average-iq-by-country.html

Offline roamer_1

"But I trust Mexico a helluvalot more than China... and it HAS to be cheaper without all that transcontinental shipping."

SOURCE:

Don't care - Room for improvement, no doubt, but to offset that, Mexico is a helluvalot more native to Americans, and might even be said to be Americanized to some degree...  So I am sure there is far better communication, much the same work ethic, and bonus points:

If we pour our money into Mexican industry it makes Mexico better, and maybe we can see less illegal entry into the US.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
That makes perfect sense.

HTH did THAT happen?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@roamer_1

I trust China a hell of a lot more than I trust present-day Canada.

China is a lot further away.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Fishrrman

As reported by the Chinese

SOURCE:

Online Kamaji

Don't care - Room for improvement, no doubt, but to offset that, Mexico is a helluvalot more native to Americans, and might even be said to be Americanized to some degree...  So I am sure there is far better communication, much the same work ethic, and bonus points:

If we pour our money into Mexican industry it makes Mexico better, and maybe we can see less illegal entry into the US.

:thumbsup:

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'd rather deal with Mexico than China. We simply cannot afford to be tied to people who want to conquer us and the rest of the world.
The Republic is lost.

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

I trust China a hell of a lot more than I trust present-day Canada.

China is a lot further away.

@sneakypete

I trust the Canucks themselves a whole lot more than their government, and they have a vote coming on. Trudeau is not going to fare well.

True North.

And I STILL trust Canada more than Mexico, and Mexico way more than China.

And by Mexico, btw, I mean Central America, where there is a whole lot of room for growth as a confederation.

Online DefiantMassRINO

Congratulations, Mexico.  But how much of that trade is China using Mexican ports to bring goods into America?

The Chinese Commuist Party uses Mexican drug cartels to move its fentanyl into America.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I'd rather deal with Mexico than China. We simply cannot afford to be tied to people who want to conquer us and the rest of the world.

@Free Vulcan

And THERE it is!

Mexico is a Capitalist nation FULL of people who  want to work.

China is a Communist nation FULL of slavemasters who want to make everyone but the Chinese leadership slaves.

Offline libertybele

@Free Vulcan

And THERE it is!

Mexico is a Capitalist nation FULL of people who  want to work.

China is a Communist nation FULL of slavemasters who want to make everyone but the Chinese leadership slaves.
Bull crappola.  Mexico is full of ILLEGALS crawling into the U.S. 

The LaRaza movement cannot be forgotten, nor ignored.

https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb4096886g/_1.pdf

https://www.policemag.com/blogs/gangs/blog/15317804/the-hidden-agendas-of-latino-activists
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online corbe

In the History of the US we have invaded Mehico mucho times (4). Once we sat in Veracruz and Mexico City dictating terms of surrender (Polk Administration). 
   Even our Woke Military could take Mexico in a couple of days, like we did Iraq. 

We will take Mehico when the Chamber of Commerce (GOP) decides we need too.      :police:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Bull crappola.  Mexico is full of ILLEGALS crawling into the U.S. 

The LaRaza movement cannot be forgotten, nor ignored.

https://library.ucsd.edu/dc/object/bb4096886g/_1.pdf

https://www.policemag.com/blogs/gangs/blog/15317804/the-hidden-agendas-of-latino-activists

Nobody is forgetting or ignoring anything @libertybele but I heartily endorse what @Free Vulcan said above.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete

I trust the Canucks themselves a whole lot more than their government, and they have a vote coming on. Trudeau is not going to fare well.

True North.

@roamer_1

I hope you  are right. I have PERSONALLY always considered Canadians to be Americans that somehow got lost and can't find their way back home.  Then the Communists got voted into power and took over. I no longer know WHAT to think about Canada and Canadians,other than I no longer trust them.

And I STILL trust Canada more than Mexico,

Not me. Voting a communist government into power is where I draw the line.

And by Mexico, btw, I mean Central America, where there is a whole lot of room for growth as a confederation.

Theoretically,maybe,but none of the His and Her Panic groups of people seem to like each  other very much,while we have a long history of peaceful co-existence with the people of Mexico. Truth to tell,I lived in what was called a "Mexican neighborhood" when I lived in Denver,and  only had trouble once with a gangbanger. Sticking my 12 gauge Deer Slayer in his ear and telling him "Go ahead and and beep that bleeping horn ONE more time and see what happens to you,bubba.",and he saw the light,left the neighborhood,and AFAIK,never returned. Had several of the neighbors thank me for running his ass off.

It was a smart move on his part,too. When I am mad enough I am standing out in the street in a snow storm in December,barefoot and in my drawers,and I stick a shotgun in your ear and offer you a choice of living or dying right NOW,you need to think a little before you react.

Although looking back on it now,I am maybe as glad to see him leave as he was to go.

Still,when you are working 18 hour days 6 days a week and some yahoo is sitting out in the street in his car and beeping his horn over and over for maybe 10 minutes at midnight to get his girlfriend to come out to prove she is home and not with another amigo,it's enough to make anyone lose their patience.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 11:38:18 pm by sneakypete »

Offline libertybele

Nobody is forgetting or ignoring anything @libertybele but I heartily endorse what @Free Vulcan said above.

The LaRaza movement was indeed intended to conquer the U.S. and they believed that they were wronged during the U.S./Mexico war...and that the land belongs to the them.

The Mexican government allowing everybody and their brother into their country with eventual entry into the U.S. is an invasion.  I see an invasion as an intent to conquer.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The LaRaza movement was indeed intended to conquer the U.S. and they believed that they were wronged during the U.S./Mexico war...and that the land belongs to the them.

The Mexican government allowing everybody and their brother into their country with eventual entry into the U.S. is an invasion.  I see an invasion as an intent to conquer.  :shrug:

@libertybele

I lived in a Mexican neighborhood in Denver for several years in the early to mid-70's,and never once ran into anybody there that supported LaRaza. Truth  to tell,I doubt anybody would have heard of them if it weren't for the local TV stations broadcasting every brain fart they had to give a boost to their ratings.

From what *I* saw,they were just a bunch  of professional parasites looking  for a free ride and trying to scare and shame the cracka left into providing them with a living for doing nothing. Even the drug dealers had no respect for them.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 11:44:50 pm by sneakypete »

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

I don't necessarily disagree. Mexico isn't particularly trustworthy and no princess sweetycakes. Main thing with them is we share a border, and unless the USA has a total civil breakdown, we can swat them like a fly. Keep your enemies closer if you can.

China - I don't know some days what to think about them. That's what bugs me the most is not being able to get my head around their gameplan and actual capability. It's just smoke and mirrors within smoke and mirrors. Their desire and possibly ability to destroy the dollar is a major concern, but mostly it's Taiwan, should they take them and not destroy their chip manufacturing infrastructure. They could own us without firing a shot.

For that reason alone we need to divest of them, and Mexico is the army we got so to speak.
The Republic is lost.