Author Topic: Four-star to push for top unit award for airmen involved in Kabul evac  (Read 285 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Four-star to push for top unit award for airmen involved in Kabul evac
By Rachel S. Cohen
 Sep 11, 07:19 PM

NATIONAL HARBOR, Md. — The four-star head of Air Mobility Command said Monday he plans to nominate Air Force units and service members who participated in the U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan for the nation’s highest military awards, after airmen were left out of a group selected to receive the Presidential Unit Citation for their collective courage.

The apparent snub has raised questions about the nomination process and whether troops are being fairly recognized for Operation Allies Refuge, the U.S.-led humanitarian evacuation from Afghanistan in August 2021.

“Because of how the operation was executed, it was a team that came together quickly,” Gen. Mike Minihan told reporters at the Air and Space Forces Association’s Air, Space and Cyber Conference here. “There are some challenges when it comes to understanding what the command relationships were.”

“There’s been some exceptional recognition ... but it is not at all where I want it to be,” he added.

https://www.airforcetimes.com/news/your-air-force/2023/09/11/four-star-to-push-for-top-unit-award-for-airmen-involved-in-kabul-evac/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Four-star to push for top unit award for airmen involved in Kabul evac
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 05:56:17 pm »
The commendation will be in gender neutral language, I trust.  Wokeness must prevail. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson