Author Topic: Dem. state rep. urges Healey to pivot, calls response to migrant surge ‘chaotic’  (Read 194 times)

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Keep sending those buses up North!  It's turning Dem vs Dem up here.  Keep up the good work.

https://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2023/09/12/dem-state-rep-urges-healey-to-pivot-calls-response-to-migrant-surge-chaotic/?p1=hp_featurestack

Dem. state rep. urges Healey to pivot, calls response to migrant surge ‘chaotic’

Gov. Healey declared a state of emergency last month in response to a rise in migrants coming to Massachusetts and a lack of housing. Her administration's response is now coming under fire.

By Ross Cristantiello   
September 12, 2023 | 11:14 AM

Last month, Gov. Maura Healey declared a state of emergency in Massachusetts due to a surge in migrants coming to the state and the ongoing housing crisis. Now, a lawmaker with firsthand experience in responding to emergencies is calling on Healey to do more. ...

... Healey’s declaration was made in conjunction with an “urgent” appeal to the Biden administration for help speeding up work authorization for migrants and for funding.

There was about an 80% increase from 2022 to 2023 in the number of families with children living in the state’s shelter system, she said at the time. Officials are increasingly relying on motels to provide shelter, with 1,706 families in motels as of Monday, according to state data. ...

... The pressures of the situation are being acutely felt in Quincy, where a debate over an emergency shelter at Eastern Nazarene College is dividing residents.

Massachusetts is the only state with a right-to-shelter law that ensures families with children have a place to stay if they meet certain criteria.

As families inundate hotels in Woburn, Mayor Scott Galvin is calling for legislators to consider changing the right-to-shelter law, The New York Times reported.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.