Author Topic: If The Post-Covid ‘Recovery’ Was So Great, Why Can’t I Get Better Than Two-Star Service?  (Read 518 times)

Offline corbe

If The Post-Covid ‘Recovery’ Was So Great, Why Can’t I Get Better Than Two-Star Service?

BY: GEORGI BOORMAN
SEPTEMBER 12, 2023

From high prices, to shortages, to poor service, politicians and economists don’t want to talk about the major lingering effects of lockdowns.

“We closed [the economy] down and now we’re reopening, and we’re doing record business,” President Donald Trump said during the first presidential debate of 2020. 

He wasn’t alone in celebrating the surprising “recovery” after months of lockdowns and harsh restrictions. Economist Martin A. Sullivan told Forbes that “the snapback was almost as remarkable as the decline.”

But politicians and economists who want to mark lockdowns as economically successful don’t talk about the downside we’ve experienced in the interim between lockdowns and the imminent recession: how miserable the consumer experience has been. This experience isn’t as acutely painful as the oppressive lockdowns and mandates themselves, but it should nevertheless remind us that the economy can’t be “switched off” without consequences.

The employment rate may have technically bounced back, but other parts of the economy’s complex machinery, like supply chains rattled by lockdowns in other countries and trucking shortages, haven’t operated smoothly since before lockdowns. Going by a plethora of anecdotal evidence, quality of service has declined across many sectors, probably in part due to the Great Resignation that saw millions drop out of the workforce and take their job competence with them. Not only that, but the high number of remote workers feel disengaged from the mission and purpose of their companies. Apathy adversely affects performance. 

Think about the customer experiences you’ve had in the past week, month, year, three years. We are paying much more for most things and buying from organizations that are harder to work with. In many cases, products are of lower quality and smaller than they were before (mentions of shrinkflation have been steadily rising in Yelp reviews). We wait far longer for all of it — often just to find out our orders or service requests were canceled, were replaced with an inferior product from another brand, or somehow slipped through the cracks. 

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/12/if-the-post-covid-recovery-was-so-great-why-cant-i-get-better-than-two-star-service/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
2 Stars?

Try to find anyone now to do anything.  Not an easy task.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The rot starts at the top, govt and corporate.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
2 Stars?

No Room Service or daily housekeeping, at formerly 4-Star Hotels.  I keep telling them thet are using COVID as an excuse for slipshod service.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online libertybele

2 Stars?

No one seems to want to get off their butts and actually earn a paycheck - I hear that complaint over and over from business owners who are struggling.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.