Author Topic: CA Lawmakers Vote To Remove Kids From Parents Who Don’t Support Severing Their Genitals  (Read 392 times)

Offline Kamaji

California Lawmakers Vote To Remove Kids From Any Parents Who Don’t Support Severing Their Genitals

BY: TRISTAN JUSTICE
SEPTEMBER 11, 2023

The California legislature passed a bill Friday requiring parents to “affirm” a child’s newfound gender or risk loss of custody.

Assembly Bill 957 was initially proposed to require courts to consider whether parents were “affirming” a child’s identification as transgender in custody cases. The legislation was later amended in June to declare non-affirming parents liable for child abuse.

Republican state Sen. Scott Wilk bluntly recommended parents “flee” the state over the amendment.

“In the past when we’ve had these discussions and I’ve seen parental rights atrophy, I’ve encouraged people to keep fighting,” Wilk said in June. “I’ve changed my mind on that,” Wilk added. “If you love your children, you need to flee California. You need to flee.”

Wilk said he would leave the state himself at the end of his term.

Washington Free Beacon California Correspondent Susannah Luthi Taylor highlighted the law’s ambiguous language, opening the door to broad interpretation.

“The California bill does not define ‘affirmation,’ leaving it unclear if a parent would be required to support a child’s desire to socially transition or receive medical sex-change treatments,” Taylor wrote. “Nor does the bill make distinctions based on a child’s age or mental health record.”

The legislation is now headed for Gov. Gavin Newsom’s desk, who is expected to sign it.

California’s latest law on transgenderism follows a cascade of state interference in parental rights to challenge a child’s desire to attempt a changing his-or-her gender.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2023/09/11/california-lawmakers-vote-to-remove-kids-from-any-parents-who-dont-support-severing-their-genitals/