Author Topic: Kevin McCarthy to Push Biden Impeachment Inquiry as ‘Logical Next Step’ [update]  (Read 929 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kevin McCarthy to Push Biden Impeachment Inquiry as ‘Logical Next Step’

Wendell Husebø 12 Sep 2023

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy will inform House Republicans on Thursday an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden is the “logical next step” in the investigation of the Biden family.

The meeting will happen during an 8 AM closed-door leadership session so lawmakers can receive an update on the probe by House Oversight Committee Chair Jamie Comer (R-KY) and House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan (R-OH), according to Punchbowl News:

McCarthy plans to say that the two chairs have uncovered enough information that necessitates the House formalizing the impeachment inquiry in order to obtain the Bidens’ bank records and other documents.

It remains to be seen whether there are 218 House Republicans who’d vote to authorize an impeachment inquiry. Several moderate Republicans — including Reps. Ken Buck (Colo.) and Don Bacon (Neb.) — have been skeptical of the need for an impeachment inquiry. So McCarthy will have to really work this vote if that’s the direction he wants to go.

“The time for impeachment is the time when there’s evidence linking President Biden — if there’s evidence linking President Biden — to a high crime or misdemeanor. That doesn’t exist right now,” Buck told MSNBC on Sunday.

“As of now I don’t support [an impeachment inquiry],” Bacon told Politico Tuesday. “I think an inquiry should be based on evidence of a crime that points directly to President Biden, or if the President doesn’t cooperate by not providing documents…”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/12/report-kevin-mccarthy-to-push-biden-impeachment-inquiry-as-logical-next-step/
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 03:43:03 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
House Speaker Kevin McCarthy announces formal impeachment inquiry against President Biden
House Republicans will move forward with an impeachment inquiry against President Biden, McCarthy said Tuesday
By Chris Pandolfo Fox News

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy on Tuesday said House Republicans have "uncovered serious and credible allegations into President Biden's conduct" that will serve as the basis of an impeachment inquiry.

McCarthy gave a statement at the Capitol Tuesday detailing allegations of "abuse of power, obstruction and corruption" by Biden. He announced that Republicans would open an official impeachment inquiry into the president.

"Through our investigations, we have found that President Biden did lie to the American people about his own knowledge of his family's foreign business dealings. Eyewitnesses have testified that the president joined on multiple phone calls and had multiple interactions, dinners resulted in cars and millions of dollars into his sons and his son's business partners," McCarthy said.

Earlier, Fox News Digital confirmed that McCarthy will tell House Republicans today that beginning an impeachment inquiry against Biden is the "logical next step" for their investigations. An inquiry is the first step of the impeachment process, where evidence is gathered for the articles, or charges, of impeachment against an official.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/house-speaker-kevin-mccarthy-announces-formal-impeachment-inquiry-president-biden
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Kevin McCarthy to Push Biden Impeachment Inquiry as ‘Logical Next Step’

Wendell Husebø 12 Sep 2023

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy will inform House Republicans on Thursday an impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden is the “logical next step” in the investigation of the Biden family.

The meeting will happen during an 8 AM closed-door leadership session so lawmakers can receive an update on the probe by House Oversight Committee Chair Jamie Comer (R-KY) and House Judiciary Committee Chair Jim Jordan (R-OH), according to Punchbowl News:

McCarthy plans to say that the two chairs have uncovered enough information that necessitates the House formalizing the impeachment inquiry in order to obtain the Bidens’ bank records and other documents.more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/12/report-kevin-mccarthy-to-push-biden-impeachment-inquiry-as-logical-next-step/

For some reason I thought they had to basically ask for them, without the DOJ to enforce it... I seem to recall Eric Holder giving the finger to the GOP HoR and they couldn't really do anything about it.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Ken Buck Flips, Says Biden Impeachment Inquiry Is a ‘Good Idea’

Rep. Ken Buck, the chief GOP opponent of opening an impeachment inquiry into Joe Biden, has changed his mind, stating Tuesday it is a “good idea.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/12/ken-buck-flips-says-biden-impeachment-inquiry-good-idea/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Durbin: Hunter’s Dealings ‘Raise Some Questions’ — But McCarthy Is Just Wasting Time and Money

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/12/durbin-hunters-dealings-raise-some-questions-but-mccarthy-is-just-wasting-time-and-money/

:pondering: Did the Dems waste time and money impeaching Trump twice..?
Support the USO

• Technical
Durbin: Hunter’s Dealings ‘Raise Some Questions’ — But McCarthy Is Just Wasting Time and Money

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/09/12/durbin-hunters-dealings-raise-some-questions-but-mccarthy-is-just-wasting-time-and-money/

:pondering: Did the Dems waste time and money impeaching Trump twice..?

See that's the thing, impeachment doesn't really have any teeth, and IMO may even backfire. Certainly didn't hurt Trump.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
See that's the thing, impeachment doesn't really have any teeth, and IMO may even backfire. Certainly didn't hurt Trump.

Helped Clinton too, in '96.  By the time of the election, the MSM had given him full victim status.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

Helped Clinton too, in '96.  By the time of the election, the MSM had given him full victim status.

Which, unfortunately, is exactly what will happen here, too.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I don't give a fig who it helps or hurts, the fact is that the House has a DUTY to pursue this!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Kamaji

I don't give a fig who it helps or hurts, the fact is that the House has a DUTY to pursue this!

No, it does not.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Bullshit!

Worried about a '96 repeat?  GOP's impeachment helped get Slick Willie re-elected.

Online Kamaji

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Every two years 435 members of the House swear this oath.

“I, ___, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

Every president swears the following oath each time he is sworn in.

“I do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.”

When any president fails to do what he swore to do it becomes the DUTY of every member of congress to hold him accountable!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 04:48:48 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

• Technical
Worried about a '96 repeat?  GOP's impeachment helped get Slick Willie re-elected.

No... the impeachment was 1998 I think. Your timeline is off.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
No... the impeachment was 1998 I think. Your timeline is off.

You are correct, I had a senior moment.  What did happen was 1998 was the first time a the party with POTUS in power gained house seats in second term during midterms since 1822. 

• Technical
You are correct, I had a senior moment.  What did happen was 1998 was the first time a the party with POTUS in power gained house seats in second term during midterms since 1822.

:thumbsup:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

McCarthy needs to throw some raw meat to some of his House Members to keep his job.

McCarthy will give them the stage and the spolight they so desire.

Let's hope they put on a good show to convince Independents that Joe is not worthy of holding the Office of President of the United States for a second term.

If they create only create self-promotional content for FoxNews, OAN, etc., their effort will be wasted.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.