Author Topic: San Francisco police stopping mugshots for criminals, conservatives calling them racist  (Read 292 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

San Francisco police stopping mugshots for criminals, conservatives calling them racist
Opinion by Asir F

13h

Recently, the San Francisco police department has halted having mugshots of criminals on their reports. However, it seems that this could potentially be a racial bias against other individuals. X users are disagreeing with this method as they feel that the Democrats are trying to conceal information on criminals.

According to AP News, San Francisco’s police chief, Bill Scott, declares that the city’s police will no longer release arrest mug shots unless there’s a public threat. This move aims to combat racial stereotypes, with San Francisco possibly becoming the first department in the nation to do so.

Furthermore, this is all done due to concerns about racial bias. Typically, booking photos are made public regardless of prosecution, potentially undermining the presumption of innocence and reinforcing stereotypes, according to experts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opinion/san-francisco-police-stopping-mugshots-for-criminals-conservatives-calling-them-racist/ar-AA1gzBKV?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=f1d31159d8a8497f8ca8a3c074737224&ei=45
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji