Author Topic: School safety plummets in MN schools  (Read 832 times)

Offline PeteS in CA

School safety plummets in MN schools
« on: September 11, 2023, 09:54:59 pm »
School safety plummets in MN schools

https://hotair.com/david-strom/2023/09/11/school-safety-plummets-in-mn-schools-n577020

Tucked into Minnesota’s Education Finance bill this year is a provision that restricts the means by which school resource officers (SROs) can restrain students who are out of control.
The provision in the law was put in because the leftists in the legislature, who took control in the 2022 elections, firmly believe that police are the problem and not the solution to violence that plagues our communities. While not banning SROs, the law was changed to prevent techniques used to restrain students.

Police departments looked at the language and decided that it would be unwise to put officers in legal peril, and many decided that it would be unwise to renew the contracts.
Their decision to stay out of the schools wasn’t retaliation; it was a simple decision of prudence. After looking at the law the departments worried that officers could face jail time if they tried to do their jobs as SROs. They would respond to calls as needed, but any preventive measures they took to de-escalate some situations would likely be illegal.

The result has been predictable. School violence has increased. Ironically, once things get bad enough the police can intervene legally, but not before.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: School safety plummets in MN schools
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 10:41:41 pm »
 ////00000////

New Standing Headline:  Minnesota's Schools Can't Find Resource Officers; Officals and Experts Are Perplexed
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2023, 12:09:26 pm »
This is what Minnesotans wanted, based on their votes.  Too bad, so sad.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2023, 01:25:58 pm »
This is what Minnesotans wanted, based on their votes.  Too bad, so sad.

Sadly, Minneapolis dominates. Minus that the rest  of MN is near conservative as Oklahoma.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2023, 01:28:33 pm »
Sadly, Minneapolis dominates. Minus that the rest  of MN is near conservative as Oklahoma.

Happens with NY too; NYC is the liberal tail that wags the much-less-liberal upstate regions.

Online LMAO

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2023, 01:43:43 pm »

Yup

Minneapolis/St Paul along with Duluth are blue blue blue
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy