Author Topic: 600,000 gallons of red wine flow through Portuguese town after spill  (Read 367 times)

Online Kamaji

600,000 gallons of red wine flow through Portuguese town after spill, triggering environmental warning

By Melissa Koenig
Published Sep. 11, 2023

They sure kept the wine flowing.

Locals of a small town in coastal Portugal were left stunned when a river of red wine flowed through their streets on Sunday, after two tanks owned by Levira Distillery – which were carrying a whopping 600,000 gallons of the booze – suddenly gave way.

Video posted online showed the red liquid flowing rushing down a steep hill in the small town of São Lorenco de Bairro, home to some 2,000 residents.

The spill was so massive that the wine that escaped could have filled an Olympic-size swimming pool – triggering an environmental alert.

Officials then sprang into action trying to stop the wine in its path, before it could literally turn the Certima River into wine.

The Anadia Fire Department blocked off the flood, and diverted it away from the river, where it ran instead into a nearby field, local media reported.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/11/river-of-wine-flows-through-portuguese-town/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: 600,000 gallons of red wine flow through Portuguese town after spill
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2023, 05:57:54 pm »
I'm sure not a drop flowed into whatever receptacles the local town folk could lay hands on!  :rolling: :rolling:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien