Author Topic: Biden's niece updated Hunter's company on Chinese sovereign wealth fund during stint at Treasury: em  (Read 593 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden's niece updated Hunter's company on Chinese sovereign wealth fund during stint at Treasury: emails
Hunter Biden's firm was courting state-run China Investment Corporation for potential investments
By Jessica Chasmar , Cameron Cawthorne Fox News
Published September 11, 2023 11:06am EDT

President Biden's niece emailed Hunter Biden and the president of his company information about China Investment Corporation (CIC), China’s largest sovereign wealth fund, when she was serving in the U.S. Treasury Department during the Obama-Biden administration.

Casey Owens was serving as a special assistant for the U.S.-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue at the Treasury Department when she discussed the CIC, which is state-owned and manages part of the Chinese government’s foreign exchange reserves, with Hunter and his longtime business partner, Eric Schwerin.

At the time, Hunter’s now-defunct Rosemont Seneca Advisors, where Schwerin served as president, was courting the CIC for potential investments.

On April 12, 2010, Owens emailed Hunter and Schwerin a schedule from a CIC investment conference that took place a couple of weeks earlier.

"FYI on recent CIC investment conference at a resort in Sanya, on Hainan Island, over the weekend of March 27-28," Owens wrote.

A Thornton Group press release dated that same day – April 12, 2010 – said the company’s chairman, James Bulger, and Hunter visited Beijing just three days earlier and met with CIC Chief Investment Officer Gao Xiqing, among others, according to the Republican Senate report released in September 2020.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/vp-bidens-niece-updated-hunters-company-chinese-sovereign-wealth-fund-treasury-emails
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gee I wonder how Casey Owens got her job at Treasury................../s

This whole damn family is corrupt.
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline verga

Biden crime family is the approp[riate name for this section. There isn't one of them with clean hands.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden’s Niece, Ex-U.S. Treasury Employee, Informed Hunter On Chinese Sovereign Wealth Fund During Obama-Biden Admin.

OAN’s Brooke Mallory
5:22 PM – Monday, September 11, 2023

While she worked in the Treasury Department during the Obama-Biden Administration, President Biden’s niece, Casey Owens, reportedly sent information on China Investment Corporation (CIC), China’s largest sovereign wealth fund, to Hunter Biden and the other president of his firm through email.

When Owens spoke with Hunter and his longtime business partner, Eric Schwerin, about the CIC, a state-owned organization that oversees a portion of the Chinese government’s foreign exchange reserves, she was working as a special assistant for the United States-China Strategic and Economic Dialogue at the Treasury Department.

At the time, Schwerin was president of Hunter’s now-defunct Rosemont Seneca Advisors, which was wooing the CIC for new investments.

Several weeks prior, on April 12th, 2010, Owens sent Hunter and Schwerin an email with the itinerary of a CIC investment conference.

“FYI on recent CIC investment conference at a resort in Sanya, on Hainan Island, over the weekend of March 27-28,” Owens wrote.

more
https://www.oann.com/newsroom/bidens-niece-ex-u-s-treasury-employee-informed-hunter-on-chinese-sovereign-wealth-fund-during-obama-biden-admin/
Support the USO

Offline LMAO

Biden crime family is the approp[riate name for this section. There isn't one of them with clean hands.

Yup
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

What an unremarkably innocent coincidence.  Starting to look more and more like RICO.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.