Author Topic: ‘Sipping Their Soy Lattes’: Scarborough Says Rich Liberals Are Botching Migrant Crisis Just Like Def  (Read 178 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Sipping Their Soy Lattes’: Scarborough Says Rich Liberals Are Botching Migrant Crisis Just Like Defund The Police
MSNBC's Joe Scarborough

NICOLE SILVERIO
MEDIA REPORTER
September 11, 2023
9:42 AM ET

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough said rich liberals are botching the migrant crisis in the same way they did with the “defund the police” movement.

Scarborough argued liberals’ handling of the migrant crisis is not progressive for the economically disadvantaged in New York City, as they are the ones suffering from the ongoing migrant crisis. An estimated 100,000 migrants have arrived in NYC and spread to the rest of the state, Politico reported in late August, leading Democratic New York City Mayor Eric Adams to warn the surging migrant crisis will “destroy” the city.

The city cut budget funding for the New York Police Department (NYPD) and Fire Department of New York (FDNY) to pay for the migrant crisis.

“Progressive for whom?” Scarborough began. “The people who suffer here, not the people on the Upper East Side, not the people in Park Slope. The people who suffer with these budget cuts are the truly disadvantaged in New York City. The people that are suffering the most. It’s just like a couple of years ago when there was that whole defund the police thing. You had people in Manhattan and in Park Slope and in Brooklyn Heights having their little protests, sipping their soy lattes as you say, talking about defunding the police.”

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/11/scarborough-liberals-nyc-migrant-crisis-defund-police/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson