Author Topic: Chicago Mayor Tells Residents To Make ‘Sacrifices’ To Benefit Illegal Immigrants  (Read 1684 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Chicago Mayor Tells Residents To Make ‘Sacrifices’ To Benefit Illegal Immigrants

HAROLD HUTCHISON
REPORTER
September 08, 2023
1:31 PM ET

Democratic Mayor Brandon Johnson of Chicago called on city residents to make “sacrifices” to address the thousands of migrants in the city who need shelter.

Johnson announced plans to move 1,600 migrants currently being sheltered in police stations to tent cities, according to the Chicago Sun-Times. Residents protested and took legal action to prevent Chicago from housing migrants in a closed-down high school and two other locations on the South Side of the city in May, ABC7Chicago.com reported. (RELATED: Vivek Ramaswamy Says Black Chicago Residents Are ‘Pro-Border Wall And Pro-Military On The Border’)

“There is a sacrifice that is going to be required in this moment … The sacrifices that we are prepared to make in order to ensure that this city is not chaotic and it is not riddled with desperate people,” the mayor told the Sun-Times.

Johnson also took issue with Democratic Mayor Eric Adams of New York City, who said the flood of migrants could “destroy” the city Thursday.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/08/chicago-mayor-illegal-immigrants/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I taught severely emotionally disturbed teenagers for many years and one of the most common causes of the disturbance was they had the belief they were responsible for other people before themselves and didn't do enough for the others.  This is EXACTLY what the mayor is asking the people of Chicago to emulate and become = as if they weren't already disturbed.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline dfwgator

For years the Cultural Marxists have said that basically everything wrong in the world is due to US Imperialism and Capitalism and that's why people had to leave their countries to come here, and so we owe them.   Now they are using "Climate Change" due to US consumption as the excuse.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Well, to be honest, Chitcago has already been sacrificing black people for years....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

:facepalm2:

The only "sacrifice" that should be made is to stop voting democrat, and elect politicians who will throw these parasites out of the country.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Comrade Kaprugina:
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 01:49:42 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Those who can afford to make sacrifices will move out of Chicago.

Those who can't afford to make sacrificies are trapped in Chicago.

Same bad 1970s ideas; same bad 1970s results.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Liberals are constantly calling for YOU to make sacrifices for THIER causes.
Oprah has a net worth of almost 3 BILLION dollars. And yet she was asking people to sacrifice and send money to her so she could turn around and donate YOUR money in HER name.

Oprah has no credibility to 'raise money' for anything. She is the money. She could give any amount necessary to take care of any emergency in the world.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
The people of Chicago need to tell the POS they elected

Too many democrats...and republicans forget not only who their constituents are but more importantly what the word constituent means.

con·stit·u·ent being a voting member of a community or organization and having the power to appoint or elect.
"the constituent body has a right of veto"

That most certainly does not include ILLEGAL ALIENS.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2023, 02:31:31 am by GtHawk »

Offline Hoodat

Chicago Mayor Tells Residents To Make ‘Sacrifices’ To Benefit Illegal Immigrants

Ever notice how Big Government never makes any sacrifices?  When was the last time some government department laid off people in order to shave their budget?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mountaineer

Here we go:
Chicago Mayor Brandon Johnson quietly signs $26 MILLION contract with security firm to build migrant camps

The city's deal with the Garda World firm includes at least six locations, holding between 200 and 1,400 asylum seekers
    The migrant surge is expected to cost Chicago $302M by the end of the year
    READ MORE: Staten Island protesters are arrested while trying to stop buses carrying asylum seekers to shelter - as they yelled 'take them back'
By Germania Rodriguez Poleo For Dailymail.Com
Published: 10:00 EDT, 21 September 2023 | Updated: 11:59 EDT, 21 September 2023

Chicago mayor Brandon Johnson has quietly signed a $26million contract with a security firm to build migrant base camps, as residents plead with the city's democratic leaders to stop letting asylum seekers in the state.

The city's deal with the controversial Garda World firm, signed last week, includes at least six locations across the city, with zones holding between 200 and 1,400 asylum seekers. It also includes bedding, laundry, showers, three meals a day and security.  ...
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12544881/Chicago-migrant-camps.html
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I'm sure the Black community will get right on that.
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Viral News NYC
@ViralNewsNYC
Chicago is keeping hundreds of migrants at airports while waiting on shelters and tents.
Hundreds of migrants, from babies to the elderly, live inside a shuttle bus center at O’Hare International Airport’s Terminal 1. They sleep on cardboard pads on the floor and share airport bathrooms. A private firm monitors their movements.
https://apnews.com/article/migrants-immigration-airports-asylum-chicago-1399cc2447f89fdd3ed7b650ca84bbf5

Online mountaineer

Spot News
@SPOTNEWSonIG
2514 W Huron: caller says a 20yo male Hispanic is in the alley masturbating and trying to light the garbage can on fire. #Chicago #ChicagoScanner
6:09 PM · Oct 2, 2023

Emily Zanotti 🦝
@emzanotti
are these two things connected? because 🫥
6:24 PM · Oct 2, 2023