Author Topic: They Are Removing Trump From The Board. What Are You Going To Do About It?  (Read 5504 times)

Offline cato potatoe

Re: They Are Removing Trump From The Board. What Are You Going To Do About It?
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2023, 04:27:49 pm »
Written by someone whose favored candidate believes whatever he needs to believe to get elected.

And you will wonder what happened IF DeSanctimonious IS elected,and then becomes Jimmah  Cawtur 2,but without the convictions.

Is there ANY evidence of this happening during his congressional terms or during his years as governor?  DeSantis may be too right-wing to get elected.  That is his problem.  We already know at least half of the republicans do not want a conservative.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2023, 04:28:30 pm »
@roamer_1

Yeah,his "record" is ONE term as a Governor,and he had to have Trump come and bail him out to even get re-elected.
Pete why on Earth do you continue to post things that have been proven false so many times? Also for someone who claims to not even like Trump you spend a whole lot time making  purely emotional defense of him. And when rebutted with actual facts you invariably react with insults to the person posting them, which once again only proves your emotional investment in Trump. I am not rich, but I neither envy Trump for his wealth or anything else he has so spare me that. Patiently waiting for the inevitable emotional insult response

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2023, 04:31:31 pm »
@roamer_1

Yeah,his "record" is ONE term as a Governor [...]

So... you have not looked at his record *AT ALL* and you're just spouting Tumpist bullcrap, right @sneakypete ?

Otherwise you'd have come across his Congressional record...  :whistle:
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 04:33:25 pm by roamer_1 »

Online LMAO

« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2023, 04:32:25 pm »
@LMAO

Written by someone whose favored candidate believes whatever he needs to believe to get elected.

And you will wonder what happened IF DeSanctimonious IS elected,and then becomes Jimmah  Cawtur 2,but without the convictions.

Nobody can predict with 100% certainty what anyone’s term as President would look like.

But I can tell you, based on his record and his statements and positions, what a Trump second term would look like

Cabinet positions will be filled by nothing more than Trump loyalists. They will be picked based solely on loyalty, and not so much on ability.

We will have more economic crippling tariffs in a time when inflation is out of control

We will have more debt with will result in more inflation, and sluggish economic growth

The Democrats, and the left specifically, will gain even further. The power of the deep state  will grow.

Many of us don’t wanna vote for this just to meet his supporter’s emotional needs
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 05:17:26 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2023, 04:43:07 pm »
If Tumpy had any balls at all, and any honor, he'd step down, endorse DeSantis, and go fight these charges in court (with a chance at a pardon if he is not successful).

But that would be the wise move, and Tumpy is anything but wise... He's gonna drag this election down with him.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2023, 04:45:48 pm »

He is the ONLY candidate I can think of that has nothing to lose everything to gain because all he cares about is going down in the history books as "The President that saved America".

THIS is why he scares the HELL out of so many  alleged Republicans,as well as all the Dims.

Yet,some of you dummies hate him because  he is rich  and rude,while completely  ignoring the  fact that we NEED a President that is both rude,and who will never be running for re-election.

ALL Trump cares about is how  he is written about in the history  books.

@sneakypete

None of that is unique to Trump.  Every President, no matter whose butt they kissed to get there in the first place, cares the most about the history books.  Wealth is immaterial -- no matter how rich or poor a newly elected President is, he'll never have to worry about money again for the rest of his/her life.  Books, speaking engagements, etc.. will make them all rich because any person elected President has enough people who support them to pay for all that, even if everyone else hates their guys.  And once elected, they don't need to kiss any butts.
In reality, Trump being independently wealthy is irrelevant.

The only thing that is "unique" to Trump among the current set of contenders for the nomination is that he's ineligible for re-election.  So maybe you could argue that should make him more effective in his second term because he doesn't have to worry about who he ticks off.

The problem with that is that I can't think of the last time any President had a more successful second term than first.  And there are reasons for that.  Usually, a President is at their most powerful right after getting elected for the first time, when everyone knows they will be there for at least 4 years and maybe even 8, and that they'll certainly be the dominant figure in the party four years later when they're running for re-election, and most independents want to give the new President a chance.  They call it "the honeymoon period" for a reason.

In contrast, a President who is elected for their second term is a lame duck from the moment they are elected.  Everyone knows that they'll be a non-factor at the next Presidential election so they are more willing to ignore them.  And there's rarely a second-term honeymoon because the battle lines were already set for that particular President by the time the first term ended.  The last President for whom that wasn't the case was FDR, and that's because there was no two-term restriction on the guy.

Bottom line is that it is extraordinarily unlikely that Trump's second term would even be as successful as his first.  Being more successful is almost an impossibility.

Online LMAO

« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2023, 04:46:13 pm »
If Tumpy had any balls at all, and any honor, he'd step down, endorse DeSantis, and go fight these charges in court (with a chance at a pardon if he is not successful).

But that would be the wise move, and Tumpy is anything but wise... He's gonna drag this election down with him.

And he’ll probably drag down ticket Republican candidates down with him. They’ll be no opposition to the left except for a handful of states.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2023, 04:47:38 pm »
@roamer_1

Yeah,his "record" is ONE term as a Governor,and he had to have Trump come and bail him out to even get re-elected.

He's on his second term, and that's still a hell of a lot more of a "record" that Trump when he ran back in 2015-16.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2023, 04:49:25 pm »
I do believe the idea that he'd have to serve a Presidency from prison is wrong.  I think he's sprung the moment he's elected.  The Constitution prescribes duties for the President that simply can't be performed from prison, and that Constitutional mandate trumps (pun intended) any state or federal criminal law.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2023, 04:49:32 pm »
And he’ll probably drag down ticket Republican candidates down with him. They’ll be no opposition to the left except for a handful of states.

That's right. Double down on the sh*t storm. And that's on Tump.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2023, 04:52:29 pm »
I do believe the idea that he'd have to serve a Presidency from prison is wrong.  I think he's sprung the moment he's elected.  The Constitution prescribes duties for the President that simply can't be performed from prison, and that Constitutional mandate trumps (pun intended) any state or federal criminal law.

It's weird... Never been done... Then what? He gets done as president and goes back to prison to finish his sentence? What a mess.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2023, 04:59:18 pm »
It's weird... Never been done... Then what? He gets done as president and goes back to prison to finish his sentence? What a mess.

Yeah, I'd assume so.  But the alternative is nonsensical. Could a state prosecutor indict a president, obtain a conviction, and then that state locks up the President?  Could even a single federal prosecutor do that?  That would basically be giving to one jurisdiction in the country the power to bar someone from the Presidency.  Doesn't make sense.

And if they lack the power to put a sitting president behind bars, then they would seem to lack the power to keep a sitting president behind bars. 

I think the most logical reading of the Constitution is that a newly elected president is immediately freed from whatever incarceration he happens to be in, but that the house and Senate could then institute impeachment and removal proceedings if they so chose.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 05:02:47 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2023, 05:06:02 pm »
Yeah, I'd assume so.  But the alternative is nonsensical. Could a state prosecutor indict a president, obtain a conviction, and then that state locks up the President?  Could even a single federal prosecutor do that?  That would basically be giving to one jurisdiction in the country the power to bar someone from the Presidency.  Doesn't make sense.

And if they lack the power to put a sitting president behind bars, then they would seem to lack the power to keep a sitting president behind bars. 

I think the most logical reading of the Constitution is that a newly elected president is immediately freed from whatever incarceration he happens to be in, but that the house and Senate could then institute impeachment and removal proceedings if they so chose.

That seems square and level... zany as it is that we're even discussing the issue in theory.

He will not win the general... with a conviction, all the more so.

Online LMAO

« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2023, 05:13:41 pm »
Pete why on Earth do you continue to post things that have been proven false so many times? Also for someone who claims to not even like Trump you spend a whole lot time making  purely emotional defense of him. And when rebutted with actual facts you invariably react with insults to the person posting them, which once again only proves your emotional investment in Trump. I am not rich, but I neither envy Trump for his wealth or anything else he has so spare me that. Patiently waiting for the inevitable emotional insult response

:yowsa:

Barry Goldwater

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2023, 05:21:16 pm »
Is there ANY evidence of this happening during his congressional terms or during his years as governor?  DeSantis may be too right-wing to get elected.  That is his problem.  We already know at least half of the republicans do not want a conservative.

That underscores the big problem. Trump can't win. But none of the others can either.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2023, 05:31:53 pm »
That underscores the big problem. Trump can't win. But none of the others can either.

I don't think that's true. Conservatism rings like a bell...

Online Kamaji

« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2023, 05:36:57 pm »

Hardly.  DeSantis has already shown a remarkable ability to build coalitions in Florida.  He got historic support in Miami-Dade, that had not been done before by a republican.

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2023, 05:42:26 pm »
@LMAO

No, BIDEN is the Jimmy Carter.  Ron is the RON.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2023, 05:45:20 pm »

It’s a constitutional crisis in the making imo, a real one.

Possibly it would force/convince Kemp to spare the constitutional crisis and pardon trump (assuming he's locked up in Georgia), but if he didn't want to do that I don't think there's anything compelling him to do so. I dunno, I guess it's why we pay SCOTUS.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2023, 05:49:27 pm by Weird Tolkienish Figure »

Offline the OlLine Rebel

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2023, 05:46:56 pm »

Cabinet positions will be filled by nothing more than Trump loyalists. They will be picked based solely on loyalty, and not so much on ability.

I want to emphasize, that IOW, they will be Yes-Men for Trump, period.

That is, if he doesn't do the opposite and keep appointing "back-stabbers" that the EverTrumpers whine were holding him back.
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2023, 06:08:02 pm »

They stand a better chance.  Trump’s legal situation is unique. His campaign will be nothing but a legal defense fund, and meanwhile, the left will dump billions dollars into their campaigns.  Seems a good bet the polling will shift in their favor, especially if he is convicted on any of the cases besides NY.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2023, 07:10:16 pm »
Who are you talking about? DeSantis?

He won re election handily without Trump being involved

@LMAO

He was losing his re-election bid until Trump came to his rescue. He even admitted it at first. Then,being the simple-minded creature that he is,he listened to his advisors and decided to run for President.

He pretty much had the VP slot nailed down,and would have been a shoe-in for President after 4 years as Trumps VP,but he went power mad.

If he will stab Trump in the back like that,he won't hesitate to stab everyone in the back to get elected and remain in office. Which means he is a whore for sale,and the Dims will buy him out.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2023, 07:11:45 pm »
Incredible, isn’t it

@LMAO

Jealousy  seems to  be a good "fit" for you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2023, 07:15:33 pm »
Is there ANY evidence of this happening during his congressional terms or during his years as governor?   

@cato potatoe

Well,he went from praising Trump for coming to his re-election rescue,to criticizing him and running against him for the WH.

What do YOU call that?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2023, 07:21:26 pm »
Pete why on Earth do you continue to post things that have been proven false so many times?

@GtHawk

"Proven False" in WHAT universe,other than the DNC Universe?

Also for someone who claims to not even like Trump you spend a whole lot time making  purely emotional defense of him.

Ahhhh,I see. In YOUR world,you have to lust after a candidate to support them because  "hit all bees bout de personality and de lies."

I don't give a rabid rats ass ass about what Trump does,as long as he is destroying the DNC and half the RNC while doing it.

And when rebutted with actual facts you invariably react with insults to the person posting them, which once again only proves your emotional investment in Trump.

ALL your "facts" come from a De Ron,ron,ron,fan page.

I am not rich, but I neither envy Trump for his wealth or anything else he has so spare me that.

BullBush! Pure Class Envy.

Patiently waiting for the inevitable emotional insult response

Not until the check clears.