Author Topic: How the Hell Do You Think Us Veterans Feel Right Now?  (Read 183 times)

Offline mountaineer

How the Hell Do You Think Us Veterans Feel Right Now?
« on: September 11, 2023, 01:31:24 pm »
How the Hell Do You Think Us Veterans Feel Right Now?
Kurt Schlichter
  Sep 11, 2023
Was I a sucker? I sure don’t want to feel like a sap, but the thought that I may be one arises when I watch this endless parade of patriots – including our last conscious president – being prosecuted for their political beliefs and treated differently under a two-tier justice system as the garbage institutions attempt to quash free speech, and as the alleged president, a desiccated, corrupt, old pervert, generally drives our country into the ground. I defended this?

I did 27 years in our military. I proudly swore to defend our Constitution. Now, I only washed trucks – I wasn’t a war hero like Pete Buttigieg or Da Nang Dick Blumenthal, and I certainly wasn’t killed in Iraq, Afghanistan, and also (I think) Maui like Joe Biden’s non-coke-addled son was, but I showed up.  ...   I’ve always been intensely grateful for the chance to be an American soldier. And I took it seriously. That oath I took? It never expires. And now I just need to know if I was a sucker for believing all that Constitution and freedom stuff when I raised my right hand.

I know a lot of fellow vets who are asking the same question.

I ask because this banana republic isn’t the country I was thinking I was signing up to defend when I pinned on my private first class insignia and entered the Army on December 1, 1987, and got handed a ticket out to Lawton, Oklahoma, for basic training at Fort Sill.  ...

Why fight for an elite that hates you? ...
Townhall
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org