Author Topic: ‘Several’ employees injured after explosion rips through Illinois ADM plant  (Read 879 times)

Offline Kamaji

‘Several’ employees injured after explosion rips through Illinois ADM plant

By Katherine Donlevy
Published Sep. 11, 2023

Multiple people were injured Sunday after an explosion rocked a food processing plant in Illinois.

The eruption occurred around 7:15 p.m. inside ADM’s complex in Decatur, a city with a population of roughly 70,000, the company said in a statement.

The blast caused significant damage throughout the complex’s East Plant, images show.

Heavy smoke was seen billowing from the grounds as city fire officials battled the subsequent fire.

“Several” employees were rushed to a local hospital for treatment, the company said.

The exact number of the wounded and their conditions were not immediately known.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/11/illinoisexplosion-rips-through-illinois-adm-plant-injuring-several-employees/

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Geeez...not too far from my house..I guess I should start watching my local news... :thud:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Another food processing plant! How many does this make now?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Eight people injured in large ADM explosion
Sep 11, 2023 Updated 15 min ago

DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) - Eight people were injured following a large explosion and fire at ADM.

The Decatur Fire Department confirms eight people were hurt, with six of those people being transported to the hospital by ambulance. The extent of their injuries is unknown at this time.

One person refused treatement at the scene. Another person arrived at the hospital by unknown means, the fire department added.

Heavy smoke was seen coming from the northeast side of Decatur Sunday night.

First responders were seen heading to ADM around 7:30 p.m.

Neighbors reported to WAND News they felt their homes shake.

Officials with the Decatur Fire Department told WAND there was a large explosion and fire.

ADM was evacuated. The fire department said no private homes have been evacuated.

The Decatur Fire Department reported the fire is under control, but a crew remained on scene Monday morning to monitor any hot spots.

The cause of the fire has not yet been determined.

more w/video
https://www.wandtv.com/news/eight-people-injured-in-large-adm-explosion/article_e97e2e68-5039-11ee-a684-ff023f577cca.html

If you watch the local news clips you will see why I don't watch the local news...it's always FUBAR
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Any updates on the cause of the explosion?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Polly Ticks

I wondered about that, too.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

WAND News has an update at 12...
Support the USO

Offline PeteS in CA

Dust explosions have been a problem in grain storage for more decades than I've been around. That would be my first guess, not that I have inside information about this.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Nothing new...on the news....it is the 3rd fire reported this year...
Support the USO

Online libertybele

Massive Explosion Rocks US Food Processing Facility

An explosion and fire at an Archer Daniels Midland facility in Illinois injured eight employees and sent a tower of smoke into the air Sunday evening, officials said Monday.

The explosion occurred shortly after 7 p.m. at the east plant in the ADM processing complex in Decatur, Illinois. Several employees were injured and transported to a hospital, the agricultural company said in a statement on its website Sunday.

Battalion Chief Wade Watson with the Decatur Fire Department said in a statement Monday morning that eight ADM workers were injured, and six of them were taken from the scene by ambulance with the “extent of injuries unknown.”

The statement said the fire was under control and a fire crew remains on the scene monitoring hot spots. The cause of the explosion and fire remains under investigation. The fire department said the incident did not warrant the evacuation of nearby residents.

The company said it did not know the cause of the explosion, which was followed by a large plume of dark smoke shooting high into the air above the facility in a video posted by WCIA-TV.................

https://www.westernjournal.com/ap-massive-explosion-rocks-us-food-processing-facility/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=newsletter-WJ&utm_campaign=dailyam&utm_content=western-journal
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Not donning my tin foil hat, but the number of events like this has gone way way way way beyond plausible.

I am thinking this is a Pedo Joe inside hit job, trying to destroy national infrastucture.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
 :pondering:

Online libertybele

Not donning my tin foil hat, but the number of events like this has gone way way way way beyond plausible.

I am thinking this is a Pedo Joe inside hit job, trying to destroy national infrastucture.

I have thought that as well.  You are correct; there are too many 'incidents' happening within a very short  of time.  Too often IMO for them to be merely coincidental.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Decatur Fire releases more information about ADM explosion that injured 8

Sep 11, 2023 Updated 3 hrs ago

DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) - Eight people were injured following a large explosion and fire at ADM.

The Decatur Fire Department confirms eight people were hurt, with six of those people being transported to the hospital by ambulance. The extent of their injuries is unknown at this time.

Four Medivac helicopters were used to air lift the injured from Decatur Memorial Hospital to trauma centers for higher level of care.

One person refused treatement at the scene. Another person arrived at the hospital by unknown means, the fire department added.

ADM sent WAND News an updated statement Monday saying:

"On Sunday, Sept. 10, at approximately 7:11 p.m., there was an explosion at the East Plant within ADM’s industrial complex in Decatur. Five employees remain in the hospital receiving treatment for their injuries, and our priority is providing our injured colleagues and their families support.

The main fire was extinguished overnight, and we are continuing to closely monitor and assess the extent of the damage to the complex as we investigate the cause of the incident.

The East plant, which produces soybean oil and white flake for soybean protein production, is down at this time, and the adjacent corn processing plant is also temporarily down until we can safely resume operations."

more
https://www.wandtv.com/news/decatur-fire-releases-more-information-about-adm-explosion-that-injured-8/article_e97e2e68-5039-11ee-a684-ff023f577cca.html
Support the USO

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Too many.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis