Author Topic: Teen shatters window of sweltering hot car to save little girl banging on the window  (Read 1146 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Teen shatters window of sweltering hot car to save little girl banging on the window

Girl's father accused of leaving her in the car arrested for purported child endangerment

By Brad Matthews - The Washington Times - Saturday, September 9, 2023

An 18-year-old Good Samaritan saved a little girl’s life in Bridgeport, Connecticut, this week when he heard her banging on the window of a hot Toyota van.

The van was parked outside the Bass Pro Shop in Bridgeport at around 5 p.m. Wednesday. Alex Torres of Naugatuck, Connecticut, who was there to celebrate a friend’s birthday, was leaving the venue when he heard the banging and looked through the window.

“The situation just changed and got so serious from, like, everybody partying and having fun into a really bad scenario where this kid could die. I saw the kid look at me in my eyes and I just broke the window,” Mr. Torres told local cable TV news channel News 12 Connecticut.

Seeing the distressed child sweating, he smashed the window open with his arm, letting the little girl go.

“I just one time, boom, it shattered, the kid is out of the car, and everybody is good. I’m blessed to be here, God brought me here, just to save that young lady,” Mr. Torres told WVIT-TV.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/sep/9/teen-shatters-window-sweltering-hot-car-save-littl/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DB

Pretty impressive he did it with just his arm.

Offline roamer_1

Pretty impressive he did it with just his arm.

... Later requiring 16 stitches...

I think I'd have gone and got a tool, myself.

Offline libertybele

Teen shatters window of sweltering hot car to save little girl banging on the window

Girl's father accused of leaving her in the car arrested for purported child endangerment

By Brad Matthews - The Washington Times - Saturday, September 9, 2023

An 18-year-old Good Samaritan saved a little girl’s life in Bridgeport, Connecticut, this week when he heard her banging on the window of a hot Toyota van.

The van was parked outside the Bass Pro Shop in Bridgeport at around 5 p.m. Wednesday. Alex Torres of Naugatuck, Connecticut, who was there to celebrate a friend’s birthday, was leaving the venue when he heard the banging and looked through the window.

“The situation just changed and got so serious from, like, everybody partying and having fun into a really bad scenario where this kid could die. I saw the kid look at me in my eyes and I just broke the window,” Mr. Torres told local cable TV news channel News 12 Connecticut.

Seeing the distressed child sweating, he smashed the window open with his arm, letting the little girl go.

“I just one time, boom, it shattered, the kid is out of the car, and everybody is good. I’m blessed to be here, God brought me here, just to save that young lady,” Mr. Torres told WVIT-TV.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/sep/9/teen-shatters-window-sweltering-hot-car-save-littl/
Great story.  Powerful faith and divine intervention.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline PeteS in CA

Has Torres been sued yet by the entitled sperm donor?
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Online DB

... Later requiring 16 stitches...

I think I'd have gone and got a tool, myself.

I didn't read that part...

Ya, me too unless the situation looked like there was no time left.

Offline roamer_1

I didn't read that part...

Ya, me too unless the situation looked like there was no time left.

If she's up and beating on the window, and ain't in a swoon, There's an extra minute or two.

Online DB

If she's up and beating on the window, and ain't in a swoon, There's an extra minute or two.

Totally agree. And it is very rare there isn't something around to use for that quickly - besides my body.

Offline roamer_1

Totally agree. And it is very rare there isn't something around to use for that quickly - besides my body.

If my pickup is nearby - And it would be if I am there - Dang straight... Anything from a tire iron to a highlift, to a pulaski or axe... just a moment away. Heck there's a sawzall in the sawbox... Give me a minute and that puppy's a convertible.  :laugh:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Maybe.  But the kid was 18 and didn't hesitate.  Rather have a kid err of the side of acting too fast than acting too slow.  Also kind of ups the "hero" factor because he clearly was thinking of her rather than of himself.

Offline roamer_1

Maybe.  But the kid was 18 and didn't hesitate.  Rather have a kid err of the side of acting too fast than acting too slow.  Also kind of ups the "hero" factor because he clearly was thinking of her rather than of himself.

That's prolly right.  :beer:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If my pickup is nearby - And it would be if I am there - Dang straight... Anything from a tire iron to a highlift, to a pulaski or axe... just a moment away. Heck there's a sawzall in the sawbox... Give me a minute and that puppy's a convertible.  :laugh:
Do a clean job, and they get a sunroof out of the deal...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

Yep. I agree. Props to the kid for acting decisively for the wee one's benefit without regard for his own safety.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Do a clean job, and they get a sunroof out of the deal...

In a convertible?  :shrug: :silly:

Offline Smokin Joe

In a convertible?  :shrug: :silly:
Just saying the mods don't have to start at the base of the roofposts...or don't you carry a drill, too?

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Just saying the mods don't have to start at the base of the roofposts...or don't you carry a drill, too?

Yeah... OK, but who wants a mere sunroof when you can have a rag top? Err... I really mean a custom redneck tarp-top of course...

But if you go sunroof, you have the extra trip to Home Depot to find the right window to use... And if it's not fixed glass, it gets super-complicated.   :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

And no... not using a blue tarp... That's just trashy...

Offline Smokin Joe

And no... not using a blue tarp... That's just trashy...
Right.

(Get a camo one!)  :tongue2: :silly:

C S Lewis

Offline roamer_1

Right.

(Get a camo one!)  :tongue2: :silly:

It's like you read my mind...  :cool: :beer:

Offline verga

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline verga

:thumbsup:
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline roamer_1

I carry a glass breaker/seatbelt cutter, on my keychain, for just such emergencies.
https://www.amazon.com/04-100-09-Original-Keychain-Seatbelt-Breaker/dp/B01G6C18AG/ref=sr_1_5?crid=7ISJTUH2LQ7Z&keywords=glass%2Bbreaker%2Band%2Bseatbelt%2Bcutter&qid=1694433093&sprefix=glass%2Bbreaker%2Caps%2C82&sr=8-5&th=1

My old Schrade (Uncle Henry) Papa Bear, that lives alongside my wallet in my right, back pocket would make do... Never thought of that, though I would in the pinch...

:beer: