Author Topic: Navy Arms DDG(X) With Larger Launchers, Hypersonics  (Read 261 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy Arms DDG(X) With Larger Launchers, Hypersonics
« on: September 09, 2023, 05:16:35 pm »
Navy Arms DDG(X) With Larger Launchers, Hypersonics
Larger space and next-generation hypersonic weapons are critical parts of the service’s plan for DDG (X).
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONSEP 2, 2023
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

Larger, powered up by compact, high-tech mobile sources of electricity, supported by a new generation of computing, networking and command and control .. .and most of all, armed with hypersonic weapons, are just a few of the Navy’s plans for its emerging next generation destroyer called the DDG (X).

Plans had previously been largely conceptual as the service continues to work on requirements, technological applications, design possibilities and concepts of operation, however now requirements are fully emerging and the Navy vision is beginning to take a little more shape and direction. The concept is to architect a new ship engineered with a new generation of weapons, sensors, computing and survivability while embracing the best of available cutting edge technologies and ensuring possibilities for ongoing upgrades and enhancements moving into the future

Initial thoughts were that the hull of the DDG(X) and many of the ship’s advanced technologies would primarily be based upon the evolving and upgradeable technologies now being built into Flight III DDG 51 Arleigh Burke class destroyers. To a large degree, it appears that may be the case, however in addition to this approach, the Navy is also interested in ensuring they build a large-enough hull with sufficient power-generating ability such that the new warship can accommodate hypersonic weapons, lasers and other high-power systems. An interesting quote from Chief of Naval Operations Adm. Michael Gilday was previously cited in an essay from USNI saying that indeed larger space and next-generation hypersonic weapons are critical parts of the service’s plan for DDG (X).

https://warriormaven.com/sea/navy-arms-ddg-x-with-larger-launchers-hypersonics
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Navy Arms DDG(X) With Larger Launchers, Hypersonics
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 05:17:43 pm »
It sounds like the Navy could use larger platforms; like battleships? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline PeteS in CA

Re: Navy Arms DDG(X) With Larger Launchers, Hypersonics
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2023, 06:11:45 pm »
They need to be reliable, heavily armed, reliable, and very upgradeable. And reliable. Pretty much everything the LCS moneypits were not.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.