Author Topic: Justice Samuel Alito schools Senate Democrats on 'unsound' demand he recuse himself  (Read 683 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Justice Samuel Alito schools Senate Democrats on 'unsound' demand he recuse himself
Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito issued an unusual statement to Sen. Dick Durbin's request, calling his argument invalid
By Chris Pandolfo Fox News
Published September 9, 2023 11:01am EDT

Justice Samuel Alito on Friday flatly rejected demands from Senate Democrats that he recuse himself from an upcoming Supreme Court case, calling their argument invalid.

In an August 3 letter, Democrats led by Sen. Dick Durbin, D-Ill., urged Chief Justice John Roberts to "take appropriate steps" to ensure that Alito recuse himself from Moore v. United States. The demand was made because Alito had sat down for a Wall Street Journal interview with opinion journalist David B. Rivkin, a practicing attorney who is a lawyer in the case.

"This argument is unsound," Alito wrote in an unusual statement added to a list of Supreme Court orders. "There is no valid reason for my recusal in this case."

Democrats on the Senate Judiciary Committee have been highly critical of Alito and the rest of the court for failing to adopt an ethics code, following reports of undisclosed paid trips taken by Justice Clarence Thomas and, on one occasion, by Alito. The committee approved an ethics code for the court on a party-line vote, though it is unlikely to become law.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/justice-samuel-alito-schools-senate-democrats-unsound-demand-recuse-himself
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Can someone please inform me as to what Dick Durbin, or ANY of his Democrat friends for that matter, would know about ethics.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Can someone please inform me as to what Dick Durbin, or ANY of his Democrat friends for that matter, would know about ethics.

Well, they know to avoid ethical behaviour like the plague!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well, they know to avoid ethical behaviour like the plague!

888high58888 :yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien