Author Topic: Chicago mayor unveils plan for city's migrant crisis  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Chicago mayor unveils plan for city's migrant crisis
« on: September 09, 2023, 02:27:44 pm »
Chicago mayor unveils plan for city's migrant crisis
By FOX 32 NewsPublished September 8, 2023 5:11PMBrandon JohnsonFOX 32 Chicago

Chicago mayor proposes tent cities for migrant crisis
Mayor Brandon Johnson declined to say where these cities would be located.

CHICAGO - As Chicago's migrant crisis reaches a critical juncture, Mayor Brandon Johnson has outlined a plan to address the issue of over 1,500 migrants currently seeking refuge within Chicago police stations.

The mayor revealed that several sites across the city have been identified for the creation of "tent cities" to shelter migrants during the winter months. These sites will be winterized to ensure the comfort and safety of those seeking asylum.

When pressed for specific locations, Mayor Johnson refrained from providing details, emphasizing the humanitarian nature of the crisis.

"Since taking office, we've seen a significant increase in buses arriving in Chicago, along with the establishment of numerous shelters. This is undoubtedly a humanitarian endeavor," stated Mayor Johnson.

https://www.fox32chicago.com/news/chicago-mayor-brandon-johnson-migrant-crisis
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Chicago mayor unveils plan for city's migrant crisis
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2023, 02:28:56 pm »
You just know any plan this numbskull comes up with, is sure to fail! :headbang:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson