Author Topic: ‘Biden Needs To Grow A Set’: Amid Border Crisis, Dem City Leaders Feel Ghosted By President  (Read 2544 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Biden Needs To Grow A Set’: Amid Border Crisis, Dem City Leaders Feel Ghosted By President

REAGAN REESE
WHITE HOUSE CORRESPONDENT
September 08, 2023
12:58 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

Amid an influx of migrants, Democratic leaders in New York and Chicago told the Daily Caller they feel ghosted by President Joe Biden.

Throughout the last few months, several Democrat-run states and cities have become overwhelmed with migrants, often lacking enough shelter and resources to take the individuals in. Despite some action from the Biden administration, leaders feel as if the president has not responded to their calls for help. (RELATED: KJP Claims Biden Has Done ‘More’ For The Border Than Anyone Else)

“No communication [from the White House ] whatsoever,” Democrat Chicago Alderman Raymond Lopez told the Daily Caller. “I actually sent a letter to the White House asking for the President to address this matter when he was here a few months ago. My understanding is that even with multiple talks regarding the Democratic National Convention, the topic of migrant asylum seekers has never once come up in conversation with our mayor and the President, or other high-level Democratic Party leaders.”

“I think everyone is content to just ignore the situation and hope it goes away, rather than address it not only in Chicago but in all the major cities that find themselves currently inundated with these individuals,” Lopez told the Daily Caller.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/09/08/joe-biden-democrats-chicago-new-york-border-migrant-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What good are all those illegals if they can't be used to turn America into a third world country?  He won't change anything except on paper.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
So Democrat Mayors and Aldermen feel like they are being "ghosted?"  Well, they are because their whining is inconvenient.  Suck it up, Buttercup!

They will still vote straight Dem tickets, and that's all that matters to them.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
(sigh)...

This isn't "biden's doing".
Their anger and frustration is misdirected.

Go after those who REALLY are responsible for the dissolution of the border.
Mayorkas would be a good start.