Author Topic: The Climate ‘Emergency’ Is Coming for You – ‘The urge to curtail individual freedom is visible in co  (Read 283 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Climate ‘Emergency’ Is Coming for You – ‘The urge to curtail individual freedom is visible in countless blueprints for a controlled future’
By Marc Morano
September 8, 2023

https://www.wsj.com/articles/real-climate-change-catastrophism-hasnt-been-tried-biden-emergency-global-warming-environment-b485421a

By Andy Kessler

Excerpts: But the notion of a national emergency today isn’t farfetched. The United Nations website blares: “What you need to know about the Climate Emergency.” The European Parliament has declared one. So have hundreds of jurisdictions in at least 39 countries, including the U.K., Canada, Japan and Bangladesh. Climate-activist teenager Greta Thunberg gave away the game in 2019 when she said, “I want you to panic,” and, “I want you to act as if you would in a crisis.” Emergencies are an excuse to do whatever you want.

U.S. presidents can declare national emergencies, as spelled out in the 1976 National Emergencies Act, but they must be explicit: “When the President declares a national emergency, no powers or authorities made available by statute for use in the event of an emergency shall be exercised unless and until the President specifies the provisions of law under which he proposes that he, or other officers will act.” I’ve searched far and wide for such provisions and can’t find them.

No matter, we’re living as if we’re already under emergency conditions. As of Aug. 1, the Biden administration has halted the sale of lightbulbs with less than 45 lumens of brightness per watt. Incandescent bulbs don’t make the cut and are now banned. Thomas Alva Edison is rolling over in his grave. Will electricity be rationed next?

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/09/08/the-climate-emergency-is-coming-for-you-the-urge-to-curtail-individual-freedom-is-visible-in-countless-blueprints-for-a-controlled-future/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Will they blame this winter on 'climate change'?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Will electricity be rationed next?"

That's what "smart" electrical meters are all about.

They'll be SO "smart" that only the electric company (and the powers-that-be that oversee it) will actually be able to control it.

You, the customer?
Furgheddaboutit...

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
The coming "Climate Emergency" is already starting now. Everyday I read "record heat across the nation!"

But it is not because the actual temperature has changed. It is because the way weather stations measure temperature has changed to make the readings hotter in order to fit the agenda. The way weather is measured today is not related to how it was measured decades ago. It is different methods and different scales. It is apples and oranges.

Today, measurements are done specifically to generate a propaganda climate crisis. It is all being done intentionally on purpose. And yes, I have no doubt that whatever happens in the coming weeks, no matter what happens during this winter, it has all been declared a 'crisis' already, even now, no matter what the reality.

The weather industry works for and is a part of the DNC. Their numbers cannot be trusted.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2023, 10:29:47 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.