Author Topic: Federal drug prosecutor offered cops business card in DUI crash arrest  (Read 249 times)

Offline Kamaji

Federal drug prosecutor offered cops business card in DUI crash arrest: body cam footage

By Richard Pollina
Published Sep. 8, 2023

One of the country’s most prolific federal narcotics prosecutors was captured offering his business card to police to avoid being charged in a hit-and-run while his blood-alcohol level was twice over the legal limit, according to a report.

Joseph Ruddy, 59, was outside his home with his business card in hand as officers with the Tampa Police Department arrived to investigate a July 4 crash.

Appearing heavily intoxicated in footage obtained by the Associated Press, Ruddy is seen hunched over his pickup truck when police arrive.

He waved his card in the direction of the approaching officers as he attempted to stand up straight.

“What are you trying to hand me?” the officer asked.

“You realize when they pull my body-worn camera footage and they see this, this is going to go really bad.”

A witness told police Ruddy didn’t attempt to “hit the brake” when he crashed, according to the outlet.

“He just kept going and he was swerving all the way up the road. I’m like, ‘No, he’s going to hurt somebody.’ So I just followed him until I got the tag number and just called and reported it,” the witness said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/08/federal-drug-prosecutor-joseph-ruddy-offered-cops-business-card-in-dui-crash-arrest-body-cam-footage/