Author Topic: Republicans get major boost as ‘fired up’ young men lean right in record numbers  (Read 423 times)

Offline Kamaji

Republicans get major boost as ‘fired up’ young men lean right in record numbers

By Hailey Eber
Published Sep. 8, 2023

The kids aren’t all right, but more and more young men are seeing red.

A recent survey by Monitoring the Future, an academic project that has been studying American youth for decades, found that 23% of 12th grade boys identified as conservative in 2022, while only 13% described themselves as liberal.

The study, by the University of Michigan, was first conducted in 1976, at which point just 17% of high school boys saw themselves as conservative and 25% identified as liberal.

Conservative identification went up among young men in the 80s and early 90s but had hit a steady decline until recent years showed a new trend to the right.

Their female peers, meanwhile, have gone more to the left, with 30% identifying as liberal in 2022, compared to 12% conservative.

In New York State, conservatives under 40 — many of them men — have been getting increasingly involved.

Peter Giunta, 29, has been the chair of the New York State Young Republicans since 2021. When he took the position, there were just six chapters throughout the state. Now, there are 30.

“[Lee] Zeldin’s campaign really fired up a lot of young Republicans,” he said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/09/08/republicans-get-major-boost-as-fired-up-young-men-lean-right-in-record-numbers/

Online dfwgator

It ain't because of Chris Christie and Mike Pence.

Offline Kamaji

It ain't because of Chris Christie and Mike Pence.

Nope.  It's because of people like Lee Zeldin, as the article notes (at least in NY).

Offline Polly Ticks

Their female peers, meanwhile, have gone more to the left, with 30% identifying as liberal in 2022, compared to 12% conservative.

My youngest son was lamenting this fact just a few days ago.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
My youngest son was lamenting this fact just a few days ago.

I have seen a conservative man pull a liberal woman to the right more times than I can count.  Takes awhile...but it happens more often than not.

Offline Polly Ticks

I have seen a conservative man pull a liberal woman to the right more times than I can count.  Takes awhile...but it happens more often than not.

Age begets wisdom, or at least one hopes.

Also, it worked the opposite way for us.  My husband had been a registered Democrat for 20 years when we married.  I had him switching his registration (and voting) to Republican within a year or two. 
 :beer:
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra

Offline LMAO

From the article….

This is not met as an insult, but women are more emotional than men.
To be a liberal, you’re more guided by emotions
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Dems have forsaken Reagan Democrats.  Where are they going to go?
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
If you are twenty and not a liberal, you have no heart.
If you are forty and not a conservative, you have no brain.

Winston Churchill
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Dems have forsaken Reagan Democrats.  Where are they going to go?

And Trump has forsaken Reagan Republicans.  So what are we going to do?